Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  22:47:15  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As it says really. Lay in bed watching our snake having its evening nosey around when all of a sudden she stops and opens her mouth really wide (like yawning) them closes it and carries on mooching around.

Never seen her do it before is it just something normal they do?

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith

c00ki3z
Hatchling

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  22:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard that they do yawn like us, as long as it isn't too often... I'm not sure though, but I bet it looked cute!

1.0 Fire Corn Snake (Solaire)
1.0 Carolina Corn Snake (Amber)
1.0 G.Rosea (Hailey)
0.1 G.pulchra (Ebony)
0.1 Cat (Brea)
0.1 Dog (Mini Schnauzer (Rosie))
Wishlist: MBK, Avalanche Corn
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  23:01:51  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's normal :p My old boy does it all them time lol, it's like having a stretch for them, only with their gob! They can do it randomly, after feeding and after having a drink.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Louise
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  23:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know how you get worried - Sally did it third day I had her and I thought she'd be sick or sommat!
But it is normal - it's when they realign their jaw if it hasn't closed properly after feeding (cause, of course, they disliocate the bones) and can happen any time after feeding. That and it's insanely cute (:

Two corns - Jack & Sally; a tailess tabby - Tia; fish; four rats - Pepper, Bailey, Biscuit, Alfie; a spider - Gerard Way-To-Big.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  23:15:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They yawn as we do, they also stretch their jaws doing pretty much the same thing.

PS, they don't dislocate the bones (or jaw) its loosely/double hinged and flexible. They do stretch to realign everything though.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 28/10/2011 23:20:07
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Louise
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  23:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm I thought they dislocated it... Either way they're still just re-aligning everything and it is completely natural (:

Two corns - Jack & Sally; a tailess tabby - Tia; fish; four rats - Pepper, Bailey, Biscuit, Alfie; a spider - Gerard Way-To-Big.
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  07:40:43  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know they stretch after eating. But she was fed last Sunday. And shes never done it that wide after eating. Like Stapey says it could have been after a drink.

It was just strange as I've never seen her do it in the 12 weeks ive had her. Then a out 5mins after I was more worried because she was just resting her head on her hide in the open and didn't move for 5-10mins. Talk about being a worried parent lol

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
Go to Top of Page

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  08:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've only had Cornelius for 2wk & both me & my OH have seen him yawn.
It is cute to see & mouth does open very wide!

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  09:49:22  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah its normal my boa does it all the time. Looks fab!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  19:08:03  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Weekend of firsts for me! After seeing out snake yawning for the first time, today I watch her take gulps and gulps of water! She seemed to drink loads after I put her back in her fawn after eating her first full size Fuzzy! Happy days!

Got a new vid with a strange ish constriction too will post that properly tomorrow!

EDIT: Heres the video. Tho its not rotated correctly yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eoFV0-nwPY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah

Edited by - Simmy_82 on 30/10/2011 19:39:28
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  19:47:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHA thats not a constrict, its a cuddle.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  19:51:39  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Told you it was strange lol. She even changed ends to eat after realising **** first wasn't going to work!

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah

Edited by - Simmy_82 on 30/10/2011 19:52:17
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  20:08:26  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What a lazy constriction lol, though more than what I get from my corns lol. The only snake to ever do a proper constriction was a king though and he's only done it once :P

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  20:15:06  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I agree. Lazier than last weeks. Should be able to see that somewhere on YouTube lol

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  20:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last week my corn popped his mouse, be thankful for a lazy constrict, an enthusiastic one is messy.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  21:02:20  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Last week my corn popped his mouse, be thankful for a lazy constrict, an enthusiastic one is messy.

Same here. Last week was mouse popping week.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  01:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never seen Kellogs yawn yet

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Deano712
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  09:13:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my last 2 weeks have been mouse poppers.. with a very legnthy constrict like 30 mins+ which is unusual.. one of the weeks the leg of the mouse had "fell off"
Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  09:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never seen Nagini yawn other than after a feed, the Royal we got last week has done it though, surprised me too! Nagini has started to strike rather than drop feed, she constricted once but not since. Just a quick grab then gets munching! LOL

0.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake 'Nagini', 4.8.0 Royal Pythons, 1.0.0 BRB, 1.0.0 Honduran BCI, 1.0.0 Yemen Chameleon 'Jasper' and 1.0.1 Beardies 'Snuggle' & 'Beanie'
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  10:24:08  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sonny yawned a few weeks ago :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  13:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Annie yawns sometimes but Monty does it all the time. It was a little strange the first time he did it when I was holding him.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000