AHH HELP!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  16:48:18  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
okay, so i put the temperature probes inside my babys RUB since she's still quite small. The temp only read 23 degrees so I put the heatmat underneath the RUB. I left it to level out and the temperature did say 28 degrees BUT there is a load of condensation up against the RUB sides. will this affect my snake or will she be fine?

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  16:54:43  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you got the water bowl on the side with the heat mat - this would certainly cause condensation.

Otherwise, it may be a case of adding more small air holes - short term it shouldn't be an issue, but long term it could cause your corn respiratory issues.

Perhaps you could tell us a little more about the set-up?

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  17:01:00  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well i've got the large vivarium with a smaller RUB inside it. I did have the heat mat underneath the large vivarium but the heat wasn't transferring through the floor of the large viv and the RUB plus the substrates in the RUB. I moved the heat mat inside the large viv so its underneath the RUB and the temperature is perfect. I did have it covering the whole floor space so i've just moved it to cover 1/3rd of the floor space away from the water bowl. hopefully this will stop the condensation!

its pretty hard though because she's only a small snake so the RUB is small. the heat mat is almost as big as the RUB haha!
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  17:10:02  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The snake needs to have a warm end and a cooler end so they can thermoregulate that is why you only need to have the heatmat under 1/3-1/2 of the rub. Do you have a thermostat to regulate the heatmat and how much substrate do you have in the rub over the heatmat?

But yes having the water bowl away from your heatmat should solve your condensation problems.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000