New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Madhouse5
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  08:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all we run a small reptile re homing centre in Suffolk yesterday i was given 2 corns to one looks fine has a eating problem that should be ok to sort but the other one has a rely bad deformed spine so i have been told she eats fine and does not look in pain but i was thinking is this going to affect her as she gets older

The question i have is do we put her down dont want to but if its better for her then i would if anyone can help or has had this problem before please let us know

Thanks

Paul

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  10:02:36  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It will be a kinked spine. Dont put her down. Im sure she will be fine, just whatever you do dont breed her. Do you have a pic we could see?

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/

Edited by - Mamma on 22/10/2011 10:02:53
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  12:58:09  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if she is eating pooing and shedding fine and seems alert and otherwise healthy she will be fine so long as she isn't used as a breeder which puts enormous stresses on a girls body

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  14:18:02  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my usual opinion of kinked corns is euthanasia or despatched humanely as soon as possible after hatching. it's the only way to guarantee they're not used for breeding which could potentially be fatal, or if it's hereditary, could be passed onto their offspring.

that said, i have heard of corns seemingly grow out of their kinks.........corns given pet-only homes that cope well with life and their kinks.......and i even purchased a kinked lavendar hatchie at the last donny show due to her love-heart head marking (i am soft at heart!)........
so heart says one thing, head says the other!

and tbh i think her kinks are worsening

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  14:50:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd give her a chance, if she's eating/shedding/pooing with no problems then she has a quality of life
Good to hear of a reptile rehoming place in Suffolk, or maybe not as could be a bit tempting for me

Go to Top of Page

Madhouse5
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  16:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks All for the post i may look for a forever home were she can be looked after if anyone knows of someone that might want to take her on let me know i will get a photo up to show her poor little thing

Thanks

Paul
Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  22:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PM'ed you mad

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  09:28:06  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cattNmo

PM'ed you mad

that's impressive, we don't have a PM function on here!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Madhouse5
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  09:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats why i could not find it lol
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  10:05:07  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Maybe e-mailed was ment lol!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  12:30:40  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hissyfit

I'd give her a chance, if she's eating/shedding/pooing with no problems then she has a quality of life
Good to hear of a reptile rehoming place in Suffolk, or maybe not as could be a bit tempting for me

Ditto ...something tells me I may be in contact in the future Madhouse5

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  18:18:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Posted - 23/10/2011 : 09:28:06
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by cattNmo

PM'ed you mad

that's impressive, we don't have a PM function on here!

Yeah ok so i ment emailed, i just clicked the link on the profile page lol. The more important point Mad did you get the message???

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page

Madhouse5
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2011 :  22:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi catt no cant find any message you can try emailing me direct paulnash79@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Paul
Go to Top of Page

MammasGirl
Egg

United Kingdom
59 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  10:00:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you opened a reptile re homing centre in Suffolkreptile and took two courns did you take some pics of them or did you not have the time by the time you got them. Oh and I would like to know what is there names.

Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  22:08:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Email set paul thank you

Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  12:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you any closer to getting some pics of her yet?? Thank you

Go to Top of Page

Madhouse5
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  11:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Email sent Cattnmo

Thanks

Paul
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic