New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  19:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok,I know its not a corn but the symptoms would be the same so I hope you don't mind me asking.
I got my little Olive House snake out today and noticed some clicky sounds. There were none when he was at rest,I only heard them when I handled him,he's still quite a livewire at the mo. I've double checked his temps on they are spot on,he's active,feeding and pooing as norm so nothing out of the ordinary there.
He opened his mouth slightly a couple of times,but I couldn't see any bubbles. I haven't actually checked in his mouth as he's so tiny I just don't feel confident about doing it in case of hurting him or stressing him out too much.
I could hopefully get him to a vets tomorrow,but any advice would be great. Probably sounds daft but I'm worried on how such a small snake would react to any treatment if needed.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  20:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Dela was like that a wee while ago; clicking and mouth opening a little.
She's perfectly fine now that she's shed though!
Maybe Olivander is due a shed and some loose skin is irritating him like it was her?
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  20:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That thought has crossed my mind. He should be due anytime as he shed just over a month ago. Feel like some neurotic parent!

0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  21:05:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rimmer was recently doing the same thing, and he popped into blue the next day :)
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  10:38:30  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Griffin gets like this when hes in blue/about to shed. xxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  14:56:37  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it could be loose skin rattling around his nose or is he on aspen? i've found this too dusty for a couple of my corns and moved them back onto newspaper

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  15:05:29  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
One of my gets like that when due a shed and has been burrowing in aspen or been in other dusty places of if tehy have shoved tehir entire head in water and drank.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  19:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right,well I've decided to leave it a while and see if he's the same once he's shed. I do have him on aspen,so I will try him with kitchen roll too. If he sheds and theres no difference,or he starts acting differently I'll take him the vets then.
Thanks everyone.

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  20:56:01  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you could also raise his temps a couple of degrees to induce what in us would be a fever to bring it all to a head, temporarily increasing humidity also helps loosen sticky mucous......and prolly wounldn't hurt with him shedding either

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Diesel1994
Hatchling

United Kingdom
338 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  19:15:37  Show Profile  Visit Diesel1994's Homepage  Click to see Diesel1994's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
One of mine had an RI, took her down to the local shop first before rushing out to vets, they listened and said she sounded like she has one, but unless they are major there is no need for a vet, i just left her and she is now fine.
I doubt it is the same with reptiles, but i also keep mice, rats etc. if they get a RI it's common practice to take them into a steamy bathroom, it works a treat :) shame it isnt quite that easy ey?

Owner of Renza Exotics - www.renzapets.co.uk
For all your Exotic & Domestic pet needs
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  20:49:12  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aww good luck hope he gets well soon mate

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  12:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I got little Ollivander out last night and theres a massive difference for the better. He's not shed yet,but he's back on kitchen roll and that seems to have made a difference so thanks gingerpony for that tip
I think my daughter thought I'd finally lost the plot though as she came in and I was sat with him held up next to my ear listening to him lol.

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  13:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woohoo! Glad to hear he's feeling less snuffly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly