Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gemini232
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  19:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hay, well im still struggling to get my hatchling corn to eat, have tried braining, warming it up, leaving over night etc. her faun is set to right temperatures, she has hides, water etc and have left her alone as much as possible she seems to be coming out at night to hunt but not eaten the pinky when put in. It been few days since last tried so am going to put in a thawed warmed pinky which has been coated in tuna juice and brained in an old oicecream tub and put this in the vivarium and put my corn in overnight, but i am slightly paranoid that she wont be able to breath, i hvae put 10 small airholes in the top of the tub should this be enough?

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  19:18:35  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how small is small?

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

kimbo
Egg

France
67 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  19:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you tried defrosting then giving it a good old blast with the hairdryer?? Braining and marmite didn't work for my baby of only 6g who was refusing to eat but that did ! also I fed her in her rub to stop any more stress of moving her as she is very shy x Hope you are successful x
Go to Top of Page

gemini232
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  19:33:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there probs about 5mm across some bit smaller...not tried with a hairdryer yet, used warm water so far, she almost seems scared of it as ive tried moving it infront of her face as suggest on here but she almost shys away from it? im worried she will dye if dont eat

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  19:35:34  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how longs it been? any chance she's in blue?

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

gemini232
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  19:43:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive had her 3 weeks she apparently fed before i took her...blue? is that shedding? she doesnt appear to be skin still shiny and bright and eyes not opaque

Go to Top of Page

eekamouse
Egg

71 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  20:04:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi gemini, just a couple of thoughts, are the pinkies from the same batch? might be worth trying a different supply. also are they small enough for a baby? i'm new to snakes myself and discovered there are tiny pinks and GREAT BIG PINKS! hope this is helpful.

0.1.0 yorkshire terrier 'poppy'
0.0.1 cornsnake 'curly'
Go to Top of Page

gemini232
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  20:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello, yes they are all from same batch,never thought this would be a problem tbh?..they were the smallest ones the reptile shop had they said should be right size

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  01:35:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hatchling cornsnakes should easily be able to take a fair sized pinky unless they haven't been feeding properly since it hatched.
Did you get feeding records with the hatchie at all?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  08:11:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, personally I always leave mine in their fauns for their first feed, it's easier and their stresss levels are not raised more than necessary. I would try in another couple of days and if she is still not interested ask the reptile store where you purchased her from for help, they should still have the feeding records and be more than willing to help. I would not worry too much as they can go quite a while without food even when small.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  08:31:16  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
In a used and clean small butter tub with a few airholes in a dark and quite place always worked the treat specially with a warmed pinky blasted with a hair dryer :p Other times when feeding baby corns when its not quite or dark, they just acted scared of the pinky.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

gemini232
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  10:06:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hay well i left her in a tub in her faun over night ith the pinky and still no luck, i warmed the pinky brained and coated with tuna juice to encoutage but still showed no interest....have tried placing the pinky in the faun over night but no luck....i was wandering if its possile she could be scared of my cats?

Go to Top of Page

gemini232
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  10:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how long can hatchlings go without eating it been at least 3 weeks now and i was told they can go for bout a month? is this true or is it longer?

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  11:02:39  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
did you get her off of a breeder? How many consecutive feeds did she have before you got her?

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

gemini232
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  11:04:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got her from my local reptile shop they breed instore, fed couple times i believe, rang them today and said to leave another week and then try placing pinky in sandwitch bag and placing in boiling water and if doesnt work to ring them back...dunno whether if she doesnt feed to swap for one that does but feel bit bad bout that but ive read alot of forums that suggest it

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  13:46:48  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you're tubbing her then an ice cream tub is too big - you need something small enough that she HAS to curl up with the pinky and cannot move away from it otherwise it defeats the object of tubbing.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  13:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I first got Spot I would feed in a tub you get crickets in, not much bigger than a butter tub. You need to contact the seller and check if there is a feeding record. Whats your set up? As much info as possible would help, a lot of non feeding issues are down to husbandry but it could just be a problem/non feeder so check the records.

Oh and 5mm holes are an open door to hatchlings. I've seen a 6 month old corn get through a 6mm hole (it was Spot and I was very shocked)

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  18:15:52  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

When I first got Spot I would feed in a tub you get crickets in, not much bigger than a butter tub.........

these are still too big for non feeders

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gemini232
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  17:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, it is a small icecream tub a carte dor one lols but i shall see if got anything smaller but thick most of what i got are air tight stuff which cnt put holes in. setup - she in a faun aprox 1ft by 1.5ft, using bark chippings at the minute, she has water bowl in corner of cool end, there a piece of back (like a tunnel) that covers majority of the faun runnoing down the middle covering both warm and cold ends, and on top of this i have a plastic plant which is what she likes to hide under majority of time. ive had to put a picture frame ontop of the faun as my cats like to sleep ontop of it..i assume cos of the warmth. temperature in warm end bout 85 and cool end is room temperature.

Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  17:34:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a philly tub would be a nice size for a hatchie for feeding

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

gemini232
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  17:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
really? id of thought that was to small, the probs is she so quick i can only just get the lid on the icecream tub (which has tall sides) before shes tried to get out...she still very nervous, not handling her atall but if feeding have been picking up with snake hook to put in tub

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000