Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  17:48:24  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The point of it is to be too small. As eeji said, they need to have no choice but to curl up amoungst the feed and cannot avoid touching it etc

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  18:24:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally wouldn't use a snake hook either for picking up a hatchie it probably frightens the life out of them, so long as you pick up the snake before handling the pinkie you should be fine and not get a nip, but to be honest you wouldn't feel a nip from something that small. Corns tend not to need snake hooks either

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

gemini232
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  19:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
correction to setup - after reading a bit about hides i decided the bark was probably to big and the openening as both ends may make nervous so i have changed the set up using bits and bobs from aroun the house, i now have a fish tank ornament - a barrel in one corner got small entrance at front and have attached cardboard to entance at back so looks like not an entrance, this is in the warm end. I have also places a small upside down cardboard box (about 3 inches each side) in the cool end with a small entrance hole at front. There is also placed a toilet roll tube in middle of the faun and the plant now starts on top of the barrel gping across top and down one side giving her somewhere to climb...she liked the barrel and went in there straight away and is now out exploring. in few days i shall try to feed again (after noting which hide she uses) and then i can place the pinky in the hide over night

Go to Top of Page

gemini232
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  20:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok no worries, the reason was using snake hook is because she really shys away from my hand when try to pick her up and goes into strike mode and i wasnt sure how much would hurt if bitten and was advised not to handle her and to use snake hok instead but i wont use that anymore

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000