New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  17:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, was thinking about starting my corn on fuzzies, didn't realise there was such a difference between pinkys and fuzzies, they are3-4 times bigger, my corn has been taking a single pinky every 6 days,and it's about the same width as her widest part, but the fuzzies look far too big! Should I try 2 pinkys for a while first?

johno
Egg

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  18:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea or ask at the pet shop for a few day old pinkies, first ones i got wherent much smaller than fuzzies and i thought il get a few more plus 1 fuzzie to test after its had them and they where tiny so i just give it 2 and will try the fuzzie in a few weeks i think mine will be fine with it, its suprizing the size food they can eat, i got mine at 6 weeks old and the pinkies where huge compared to the second lot i got. maybe someone more experienced will know if the snake would reject it if its too big or just force it down anyway?????
Go to Top of Page

sharon71
Hatchling

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  19:20:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just moved mine up and was scared at the size difference,but he manages no problem..but i did have him on 2 pinkies for a while

0.0.1 Carolina (Nobby Knobbs)
0.1.0 cat(Pepsi)
0.0.2 goldfish
0.2.0 kids
1.0.0 husband

Edited by - sharon71 on 19/09/2011 19:36:51
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  19:35:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make sure you feed her 2 pinky's a time for the next few feeds before moving her up , Just gets them used to a bit more size .

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .
Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2011 :  11:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for starting this thread Regalmatt! I've been having the same problems myself! The only Pinkies I can get locally are really small yet the fuzzies are more like hoppers or even small mice!
Will be trying my corn on 2 pinkies for a while, great advice!

0.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake 'Nagini', 4.8.0 Royal Pythons, 1.0.0 BRB, 1.0.0 Honduran BCI, 1.0.0 Yemen Chameleon 'Jasper' and 1.0.1 Beardies 'Snuggle' & 'Beanie'
Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2011 :  15:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LittlestarRed,I'm having the same problem, with a lack of places that sell frozen mice!!! I see u live in Surrey, I'm in Surrey too. We need more reptile shops here!!
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2011 :  15:59:30  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What about Surrey Pet Supplies in Surrey?

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/

EDIT: On their site they do Pinkies, Large Pinkies, Fuzzies, Hoppers, Small, Medium, Large and XL as options?

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith

Edited by - Simmy_82 on 21/09/2011 16:04:15
Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2011 :  16:31:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've ordered stuff of them before, had no complaints, but wasn't sure about ordering frozen mice online? And they're too far to visit.(I think).
Go to Top of Page

johno
Egg

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2011 :  17:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Regalmatt

LittlestarRed,I'm having the same problem, with a lack of places that sell frozen mice!!! I see u live in Surrey, I'm in Surrey too. We need more reptile shops here!!

hehe best rep shop in the country and not happy hehe :P i live in middlesbrough we got a dumb petshop that dont even keep feeding records or anything like that and say they cant sex my snake till its round about a year old :/
Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2011 :  18:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've ordered stuff of them before, had no complaints, but wasn't sure about ordering frozen mice online? And they're too far to visit.(I think).
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2011 :  19:24:57  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I dont think you can order frozen online. Just thought it might be local ish to you.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2011 :  20:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers simmy, yeah I've ordered stuff to, they're good. And cheap!but not local unfortunately!
Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2011 :  09:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to admit that Surrey pet supplies are great on price but I wasn't too happy with their frozen food (don't beat me up here peeps!)There is a new shop opening next month in Surbiton which I'm excited about. Also Surrey water gardens in Clandon are pretty good (and sell the most amazing baby Yemen Chameleons, bred by a lovely lady....yes I own one of them and he's gorgeous!... sorry I digress) but it's too far for me to just pop in to buy a few pinkies sadly!

quote:

0.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake 'Nagini', 4.8.0 Royal Pythons, 1.0.0 BRB, 1.0.0 Honduran BCI, 1.0.0 Yemen Chameleon 'Jasper' and 1.0.1 Beardies 'Snuggle' & 'Beanie'
Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2011 :  09:48:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! That is bad! I am gonna stop complaining!

quote:
Originally posted by johno

quote:

hehe best rep shop in the country and not happy hehe :P i live in middlesbrough we got a dumb petshop that dont even keep feeding records or anything like that and say they cant sex my snake till its round about a year old :/

Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2011 :  17:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surbiton eh, that's not far from me! When's it due to open?
Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  08:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's due to open in the next couple of weeks. It'll be called Reptile Kingdom. It's on Ewell road between Tolworth and Surbiton and the guy opening it says it's gonna be something else!! I'm really excited!
It's close to me too! Won't it be great to have somewhere really good within a 15min drive?!!

quote:

Surbiton eh, that's not far from me! When's it due to open?

Edited by - LittlestarRed on 23/09/2011 08:04:15
Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  18:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's about 15 mins from me too,littlestarRed,you prob live next door to me! lookin forward to the opening, I better get that extension built quick!
Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  09:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe we are neighbours! LOL|!!!! I'm in Epsom, and so excited (maybe too much)about this new place!Wondering if hubby will let me have something from there for Christmas! lol.
Good luck with the extension!
quote:

It's about 15 mins from me too,littlestarRed,you prob live next door to me! lookin forward to the opening, I better get that extension built quick!

Go to Top of Page

stroodsue
Snake Mite

14 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  16:26:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittlestarRed

I have to admit that Surrey pet supplies are great on price but I wasn't too happy with their frozen food (don't beat me up here peeps!)There is a new shop opening next month in Surbiton which I'm excited about. Also Surrey water gardens in Clandon are pretty good (and sell the most amazing baby Yemen Chameleons, bred by a lovely lady....yes I own one of them and he's gorgeous!... sorry I digress) but it's too far for me to just pop in to buy a few pinkies sadly!

quote:

Hiya I tried to ordered frozen just this month from Surrey Pets BUT they don't deliver frozen foods, you have to COLLECT in store! which is no use to me!!! I have found RS Supplies and am going to try them out, I think it said £5.99 for delivery next day if ordered before noon, Has anyone had from there??

http://rsreptilesupplies.co.uk/epages/eshop514110.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop514110/Categories/Products/Frozen_Food

Sue
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000