open vent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  00:41:56  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quick question guys - my male hybrid (1 year old) recently every time i get him out his vent is open (nothing hanging out!) is this due 2 the breeding season or sumthing i should worry about?

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  08:29:24  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it's not normal but if nothing is hanging out/prolapsed that's a bonus
i'd be careful about what sustrate you use, stick to something like paper or kitchen roll so there's no bits to potentially enter his open vent
was he sexed when you got him? could somebody have been a bit rough either popping him (cos really at a year old he's too big!) or probing him and done him some damage?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  12:18:56  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if he opens up only when you get him out then he's getting ready to drop a 'little present' for you :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  12:33:24  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

if he opens up only when you get him out then he's getting ready to drop a 'little present' for you :)

^^ this. Mim was like that with me but as she has become more at ease with me she doesnt do it very often at all xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000