New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MightyMouse
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  15:17:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has snake 2 half months now. was told its about 4.5 - 5years old. its about 4.5 - 5 foot long. before i got it it was getting 1 large mouse each month. ive been giving it a large mouse every 10 to 14 days. i also put it on a mat with stat (instead of 40w buld it had) running about 28-30. The mouse wasnt leaving a bump in his belly so i got it an extra large mouse an fed it 7 days ago.

The usual pattern was feed 2 days sleeping, then gets up for a big poop, stays up for next few days being rather active. this time he went to bed an stayed there for 7 days and counting. been up for a drink a poop then right back to bed. caught sight of his (not sure what sex it is really) eyes yesterday an they look a bit cloudy (but not blue like before his other sheds) an he looks dull again.

he was in blue when we got him 2 months ago an shed that week. after 7 weeks he shed again, 4 week after that(present day)i think he may be going again.

How often do they shed? i didnt think it would be that close together?

Could it be that hes just getting some food now so putting on a bit of weight an getting the skin stretch right?

Might it not be a shed cycle an be somehtin else entirely?

Any input would be gratefully recieved. Thanks.

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  15:42:45  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'd say he'll prolly just putting on a bit of weight now his circumstances have improved
fed once a month is barely even a maintenance diet!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

MightyMouse
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  20:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the reply. set my mind at rest for tonight. it prob is just another shed now hes becoming a fatty lol

Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  20:54:37  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would have to agree. Now he is getting a better feeding shedule, he will have regular sheds till he has reached a better weight...poor snake.

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000