Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Siobhan3794
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  21:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anyone know how much snake eggs or baby snakes sell for?

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  21:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depends on what you have.
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  21:59:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what kind of baby snake morph wise

Go to Top of Page

Siobhan3794
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  22:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
corn snakes
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  22:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes but what morph.

What type are the parents, this will give you a clue as to what type the babies will be.

Go to Top of Page

Siobhan3794
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  22:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
amelanistic and anerythristic
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  22:30:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing un known hets if any so possible looking at normals het amel and anery but could be a few surprises.

Best to wait and see what hatches. Normals don't sell for much at all.
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan3794
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  22:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay thanks :)
weve been caught pretty off guard with these eggs so not too sure about all morphs and hets and things
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  08:48:20  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'd expect about £5 each in the current, flooded market as these are base morphs and particularly common........factor in the price of a tub for each hatchie, at least 3-5 pinkies each before selling, buying a heatstrip and another thermostat to heat them, wasting food for non-feeders etc and you're running at a mahoosive loss!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  12:39:36  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with above. I sold mine for £5-10 last year. Wasted so much food on the fact some where not eating and the ones that were eating, nobody wanted. Also I never considered they took up so much time really, checking daily/every 2 days on waters and poos... nightmare.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  12:50:26  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
and there's the share in Charmin (or any other kitchen roll brand) that you need.......damn messy hatchies needing cleaning out every day........

just as an estimate though:
heat strip £25
stat £25
tubs £15
water bowls £5
hides £5
kitchen roll £5
pinkies £25
electic £???
TOTAL £110 + and if you can't shift them on quick the costs just keep going up and up and up......

Go to Top of Page

Diesel1994
Hatchling

United Kingdom
338 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  12:51:30  Show Profile  Visit Diesel1994's Homepage  Click to see Diesel1994's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
id think you may get a few snows aswell, because amel cannot produce black pigment and anery cannot produce any reds, put them together and you get snakes that cannot produce any pigment (snow), i think, please correct me if i am wrong

Owner of Renza Exotics - www.renzapets.co.uk
For all your Exotic & Domestic pet needs
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  12:55:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diesel1994

id think you may get a few snows aswell, because amel cannot produce black pigment and anery cannot produce any reds, put them together and you get snakes that cannot produce any pigment (snow), i think, please correct me if i am wrong

amel x anery = normals het for both, To get snows out both snakes would have to have both amel and anery genes, its not impossibole though as both these genes are probably the most common.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  13:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

and there's the share in Charmin (or any other kitchen roll brand) that you need.......damn messy hatchies needing cleaning out every day........

Funny you should say that about the kitchen roll!

I'm considering now switching mine to Megazorb (I buy it anyway for the mice) as using even cheap brand shops own kitchen roll is starting to work out quite pricey.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  13:36:53  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

Or more if they fancy knocking over or taking a dip in the water bowl or moving the loo rolls into it... grrrrr XD

I cannot remember how much it cost me for mine though, I only had 7 babies and it costs more than I though, and that was with using loo rolls and takeway tubs/feeder tubs, bottle caps and loo roll.

Although you could sell the eggs to a petshop, you would get half the money that they sell them for if they can shift them or even want them :(

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  15:37:17  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I paid £30 for my normal a couple of months ago from a reptile shop. The nearest place to me is now selling them for £40. And there is another place near me trying to sell normals for £65!! I did mention to them that they've got 2 hopes, and it ain't Bob! lol

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  15:42:42  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that shop's making a MAHOOSIVE profit then!! i know how much i've been offered in the past for mine!!

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  15:52:36  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah they did say they had to charge more because their breeder was charging them more. So why buy them? Surely you know they're just not going to sell at that price?? Feel so sorry for the snakes coz they are going to be living in tiny little tubs with very little comfort for a very long time I think...

Seems the going shop rate for normals round these parts is £30-£40. Cheaper to cut out the middle man and buy direct from a breeder obviously.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  15:54:38  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

I paid £30 for my normal a couple of months ago from a reptile shop. The nearest place to me is now selling them for £40. And there is another place near me trying to sell normals for £65!! I did mention to them that they've got 2 hopes, and it ain't Bob! lol

o.O;;; my gawd are they older though instead of younguns? I've seen shops trying to sell normal adults at £65 and when it doesn't work then soon go dwon the £35... :( I think they will become reduced very soon when everyones hatchlings hatch...

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  16:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Petshop where I got Nimbus still has normals for £60 and amels for £70 :o (yes I paid £60 for my first ever coen, a normal lol)

He seems to have no trouble selling them at that price too which is odd as CPR is only an tram and bus ride away and they sell them at half that price but I guess people are lazy lol

He must be making a huge profit as he certainly wont be paying any where near that price when he buys them!!!
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  20:18:42  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a very well respected shop near me offered me £5 each for amels and snows last year, they are selling them at £65 :(

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000