Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

madonion
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  19:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have bought 2 baby corns and they are settling into their faunarium fine. A friend has given me some jungle vine, rocks and plastic plants that he no longer uses for his snakes. I am just wondering if they are ok to go into the faunarium and if so how would I clean them to make them safe for my babies.
Thanks guys.

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  19:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An overnight soak in a 10% bleach solution should do the trick.

If they are living together I would also suggest you have a read of this thread-
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  20:48:24  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yep over night soaking should do the job. My hatchling has those in her faun - plastic leafy vines, rocks, loo roll tubes fixed to the lid of the faun with cable ties and while I have yet to see her out much I am sure at night when the coast is clear she moves freely round all of her faun.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  22:28:59  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just make sure you rinse them well afterwards

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

snowstripe420
Egg

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2011 :  22:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah. bleach can be real nasty itself. I used about a 5 % solution and rince dry repeat twice

Go to Top of Page

madonion
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2011 :  08:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice, is it just normal household bleach or something specific? Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2011 :  10:29:13  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I used a tiny wee bit of milton and boiling water, left the stuff to soak and then rinsed a good few times with kettle fulls of boiling water and i left to dry in sunshine in dining room

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

madonion
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2011 :  11:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks - I have some milton tablets somewhere I will get right onto it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000