Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  13:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bought a fish tank a while ago, its been nearly 3 years since having fish and its taken 2 years at the new place to realise that we really really miss having them!!!
Its only a 130 litre tank at the moment, we are trying to find a nice one around 300l for a central american cichlid setup!!

I am afraid that i am gonna be a proper picture whore and there will be a huge number of pictures posted on here starting as soon as the ones i just took are uploaded!!
If you wanna see old pics, i have some of the marine tank i had!!

Pictures to follow...........

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  13:16:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seeing as i cant edit my own topic, despite being the poster!!!

Here are some pics

Edited by - mikerichards on 25/05/2011 13:18:49
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  13:18:00  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what kinda fish are these? They are cool

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  13:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, and being a huge picture whore myself, I say, good on ya, get posting!!! :D
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  13:34:27  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've had tropicals for 20 years or more, but it got to the point that they were just 'there' rather than me having an interest any more. But the last few months I've rekindled my interest and have now fully restocked my community tank. It's only a 2 footer though. Had a 4ft when I started. Hoping when I finally move that there will be a completely bare wall that I can bring alive. Would love to arrange my fish and snakes in a display wall. You never know, one day...

Always fancied a marine tank too. Again, one day! And would love an Oscar coz apparently they are more pet-like in their responses to you. But they get quite big and messy as well I think, so will have to skip that.

Anyway, your cichlid setup is looking good there. Look forward to seeing more pics. Love to see the marine ones too. Get posting you whore! lol

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  14:43:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  14:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clearly the phone didnt focus as fast as i thought!!

The Marine tank, was a 4ft rena bow front, about 350 litres i think it was, although not with 60kg of live rock in there it wasnt!

Need to see if i have any of bernard in there, hes a snowflake moray eel, stunning!

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  16:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That marine tank looked amazing!

Why don't you have it anymore?
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  16:17:31  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looks like a good few quids worth in that marine tank! I really gotta try and get one of those sorted out, they look so much better than a tropical. Although they can look great as well of course!

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  17:23:01  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow impressive pictures there! I want fishies but not tropical, cold water fishies, am wanting one of those bio orb fish tanks.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  17:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to sell the marine tank as when we moved we simply didnt have space for it, and live corals and rocks etc are not something you can store unfortunately. I spent way in excess of 1k on the marine setup, in fairness, i probably should have spent in excess of 1.5k excluding the tank!!
The tank, filter and skimmer, with some live rock cost me 600 quid, i then bought another 50kg of rock at 10 quid a kilo, spent a fortune on fish, which the lion fish happily munched through, incidentally, shortly after the last two pics there, the little goby was residing in the lion fishes stomach! he went back to the shop sharpish! I spent another 100 quid on a second filter, both externals, another heater, 2 nice new power heads, and loads of inverts.

The tank we have now, so far has cost us 40 quid for the tank, which is cheap because its scratched, then another 50 quid on fish, a fiver on the lava rock, and the heater, air pump etc was all left over from before.
However, its gonna be at least a fiver a week, and thats just in water, i will be using RO water for the changes, keeps the nitrates nice and low, as even though tap water is ok, in this area, the nitrates are naturally quite high.

We are trying to find another tank at the moment, this one is not big enough for the geos and firemouths, the geos get to about 12 inches eventually!!!! that and the plec gets big too!! i will get pics of him next!

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  17:36:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow,that was an impressive set up! Must have been hard to seperate with that after all the work you'd put into it it.
I love the little goby,obviously not as much as the lionfish did though!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  18:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a necessity unfortunately, there was no other option, especially taking all the snakes with me too, we were expecting to be there for a while longer really, its only because the person we were sharing with decided to buy, so we were left without anywhere to go, so we bought too, now we have the space, we can have more tanks! although, the most we had was 11 at one point, i dont think we can push it that far again!!!

Anyway, here is the plec.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  18:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooh I like that one!
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  19:19:02  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
here is my dads tropical pond :) 6ft x 3ft x 2.5ft with some beasts! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSycsvp--sg&feature=channel_video_title

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  20:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like arrowana, but they are not for me, they eat too much! and anything that fits in their mouth is good enough!

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  21:24:08  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Stotty am looking forward to checking out that link when I get home and not using mobile bandwidth... lol

Mike that is some impressive marine kit by the sounds of it. Such a shame you had to get rid of it! And can't believe you lost some of your stock to one of your fish! Expensive meal! lol

Those plecs do get big. So cute when they're ikkle, but I've had to donate a couple of them over the years for display tanks at fish shops. When a fish is about a foot long in a 2ft tank, it's time to get it out of there! lol

Go to Top of Page

animalcrazy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  22:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your fish are stunning, you have had some fab set ups. Plus you can never post too many pictures in my opinion.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  22:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know what you mean, the lionfish ate 4 fish in total, almost 80 quids worth!!!! marine fish are not cheap!!

Go to Top of Page

snowstripe420
Egg

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  22:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
salt water is deff the way to go!! Beautiful setup

Go to Top of Page

jordy845
Hatchling

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  22:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
your fish and setup look absolutly beautiful :)

Jordy :3

0.1.0 Amel Corn - Chihiro R.I.P
1.0.0 Snow Corn - Sachi
0.1.0 Snow Corn - Stella
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000