Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  14:03:53  Show Profile
That Kehhlyr is going to lock every thread i post that asks for advice.

I just dont like it when I ask a question, and no one answers it, they just tell me im being stupid etc.

You all could have told me nicely that i shouldn't be handling the eggs, i respect all you guys but it seems unfair that just cause I do things differently to you all I shouldn't be accepted in the forum.

I need the advice, and so do my snakes.

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  14:11:35  Show Profile
You were not called stupid.

You were told handling the eggs wasn't a great idea.

Your questions were answered as best they could be.
Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  14:16:42  Show Profile
Sorry, but to me thats not true.
I know you did not say anything like that, but the rest of the posts insinuated that i was an idiot in my opinion.
I realise that i shouldn't be handling the eggs and I even said in the thread that i would stop, but if you read back through it, you can see that people aren't being particularly nice.
This forums meant to be about helping each other, helping the snakes.
It just felt a bit like they were all having a go at me, but no one asnwered my actualy questions.

I simply said that if they were going to act like this that i'd prefer them not to comment on my threads. Most of the users on here are brilliant! I get the advice i need almost immediately, but people are very quick to critisise each other.

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  14:21:53  Show Profile
Your question was aswered as best it could be. I don't think any of us really know when an egg stops being cells and becomes what you would class as a living snake. That's an ethical question, open to debate.

The lump in the bottom of the egg question, again, I doubt anyone can answer without seeing the eggs but it was suggested the lump could be dead embryos due to the fact you have handled the eggs.

That's how I read the thread anyway.
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  14:57:16  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage
I must admit I've noticed a fair bit of unnecessary abruptness lately too...

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  15:15:50  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
as the forums are all quite busy i, for one, often keep responses concise
and if people are doing silly things then i will be blunt
i'm the sort of person who calls a spade a spade i can't be bothered with all the nonsensical flowery bits to appease people!

and i'm not the one that got abusive!!
and if Kehhlyr feels that's the way to deal with you for now then you either have to prove yourself or ask advice elsewhere

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  15:24:08  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i'm also curious why the OP seems to have a problem with me personally (as that's how i perceive it) and i'd love to find out VIA EMAIL, my address is on my profile.

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  15:38:28  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address
Don't shout at ne for saying this. I have found all the advice I've got from this forum, through threads and reading other threads, it's all been really really great and I've learned a lot on the correct care of my little hatchling. Just wanted to say that.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  15:48:06  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

Don't shout at ne for saying this. I have found all the advice I've got from this forum, through threads and reading other threads, it's all been really really great and I've learned a lot on the correct care of my little hatchling. Just wanted to say that.

Same. Nothing but great advice from a good group of people. I just don't agree with the abruptness of some posts is all. But then I've never been one for conflicts and am too nice for my own good sometimes! lol

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  16:06:00  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address
Yeah I've learned loads from what to do if my hatchling has shedding problems to scenting their food with tuna/salmon tinned in mineral water if they had probs feeding lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Edited by - Ailsa on 24/05/2011 16:06:35
Go to Top of Page

vivtastic
50% Warning

76 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  18:10:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i'm also curious why the OP seems to have a problem with me personally (as that's how i perceive it) and i'd love to find out VIA EMAIL, my address is on my profile.

Alison it might be for the same reason you offended me the other day. I was accused by you of contributing very little to a thread when i thought the advice i gave was good and helpful. Do you honestly think accusing some one of contributing very little on an open forum is the best way of dealing with things. You are meant to be setting an example after all, i would suggest you choose your words more carefully in future.

Regards

Vivtastic
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  18:16:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by vivtastic

quote:

Alison it might be for the same reason you offended me the other day. I was accused by you of contributing very little to a thread when i thought the advice i gave was good and helpful. Do you honestly think accusing some one of contributing very little on an open forum is the best way of dealing with things. You are meant to be setting an example after all, i would suggest you choose your words more carefully in future.

Regards

Vivtastic

Another helpful contribution to a thread!
Go to Top of Page

vivtastic
50% Warning

76 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  18:34:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Louise2778

quote:

quote:

Regards

Vivtastic

I rest my case.

Regards

Vivrtastic
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  18:43:12  Show Profile
I had a look at the locked thread out of interest and GP not only answered the question but also provided you with some pretty critical information in regards to the care of eggs. I didn't even get a vibe of abrutness. K is only taking the action as it appears that you ask a question with an idea of what you want the answer to be and take offence should it be a different answer that you receive. Abrupt is only abrupt if it is serving no purpose, if its concise and to the point that is better (for instance 'DON'T' is far better than 'well you probably shouldn't').

I for one would like an 'abrupt' and clear response if I posted something and it was evidednt in that post my action were potentially harmful.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  18:53:17  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage
Viv I think it was maybe coz you ridiculed Louise a bit about the cardboard in the gap.

I do agree though that mods/admins should be leading by example. They are some of the most experienced people on here and as such I completely respect the advice given. It's helped me no end already and I'm really grateful for it. But I don't think it's right to shoot people down in flames for questioning things. Blatantly ignoring good advice is one thing, but for asking questions?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  18:55:52  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
vivtastic - yes the actual advice you gave was useful but after that sole, initial, helpful post you were being deliberately argumentative on the thread in question. and that's why i advised you to play nice.
i was nothing to do with you getting your 50% warning level but the fact that you've got it speaks volumes!

and as for anyone being offended.......do you not think silly people's stupid actions/posts won't offend the knowledgeable forum members?

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  19:03:29  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage
quote:

and as for anyone being offended.......do you not think silly people's stupid actions/posts don't offend the knowledgeable forum members?

Alison sorry but that is no argument. We all started off as beginners knowing nothing. People come here for help and advice because they want to care for their snakes. Yes some people do jump in before they are ready and therefore ask what are maybe deemed 'stupid' things, but it's those people that need the most assistance, not a short sharp brush off. You're making this forum sound 'clicky' with an 'us' and 'them' feeling, and obviously that is not what this place is about!

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  19:05:26  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Pete- i was taking the micky out of the politically correct 'ooh that offended me brigade'!

if i was bothered i wouldn't use the forum

Go to Top of Page

vivtastic
50% Warning

76 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  19:17:54  Show Profile
Alison there are two issues there, in answer to the first point it would appear the level of banter that is tolerated from any member is directly related to who they are, there post count, and the relationship they have with the mods. Lets have a level playing field please.

In answer to your second point about my 50% warning (which was awarded by you without reviewing all the facts)i totally stand by what i said, To mention this again in an attempt to some how imply that this is yet another example of a 'wayward member' sounding off is very unfair.

Regards

Vivtastic

quote:

vivtastic - yes the actual advice you gave was useful but after that sole, initial, helpful post you were being deliberately argumentative on the thread in question. and that's why i advised you to play nice.
i was nothing to do with you getting your 50% warning level but the fact that you've got it speaks volumes!

and as for anyone being offended.......do you not think silly people's stupid actions/posts won't offend the knowledgeable forum members?

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  20:02:54  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Louise2778

quote:

quote:

Regards

Vivtastic

and what is this post, pretty much the same Louise these posts dont hellp anyone other than rile, pointless

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  20:07:24  Show Profile
Ah ok, I can only get away with things like that if I am a mod or admin. Fair enough.

See Vivtastic, it doesn't matter about post count of who you know, we all get a telling off! :p
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000