Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  20:25:39  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage
I just think it's best for EVERYONE to pause and take a breath before bashing on the keys, because it's just so easy to cause offence using this medium. Even moreso by mods/admins because as stated they should be leading by example in my opinion. I also personally think the thread locking is a little juvenile, although having said that I didn't see the original abusive word or phrase that caused that reaction...

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  03:22:08  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

I just think it's best for EVERYONE to pause and take a breath before bashing on the keys, because it's just so easy to cause offence using this medium. Even moreso by mods/admins because as stated they should be leading by example in my opinion. I also personally think the thread locking is a little juvenile, although having said that I didn't see the original abusive word or phrase that caused that reaction...

It is easy to take offence via text on a forum in comparison to heard speech, yes.
For example, jokey mickey taking sounds totally different in voice than being serious which is hard to convey with written text.
I personally have no issues with anyone on the forum, I do what I feel is necessary as my role as a moderator when it comes to sorting things etc, other people (mods included) may handle things differently than I, but it's how I do it.
I've always been and always will be an easy going happy chappy, and if someone does/says something that I disagree with I will either point it out or moderate as need be but always make it clear the difference between a moderated comment and one of my normal comments.

quote:
Originally posted by Louise2778

Ah ok, I can only get away with things like that if I am a mod or admin. Fair enough.

See Vivtastic, it doesn't matter about post count of who you know, we all get a telling off! :p

Actually, no.
I don't care if someone is a mod/admin/normal user. If someone says/does something that I disagree with due to the phrasing of it, I don't care who it is, I will adjust accordingly and make that clear.
A post or thread that I disgree with will be left alone as it's an opinion, but a phrasing will get changed if it contains a sweary. (see below for example).
Post counts mean absolutely nothing to me, but if people want to get finicky and throw their toys out of the pram because I turned the word "ARSE" into "lovely posterior" than that is up to them.
I will not be picking the toys up or caring much that they have done so.
Love you all.
-=K

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000