Im a wimp!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubberbiscuit
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  01:13:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive upgraded Kiora from pinkies (gone in a gulp!) to fluffs for the first time today. I picked one out that looked quite big but when I put it in the feeding tub with my boy it looked huge, slightly over 1.5 times his width Id say. Now I know he should of managed it fine but I couldnt watch!!
Ok, I know logically that stretching his jaws and body like that doesnt hurt but it just made me wince..
(at least dinner took 20mins to get down rather the n his usual 20 seconds!!) but I freely admit it....Im a wimp!

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  08:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember the same feelings every time mine moved up a size. I was sure they were going to choke on it and had to tripple check the feeding charts to make sure they really were the right size. If you're a wimp then me too.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  08:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love feeding time, for me it's one of the best parts of owning snakes. I don't have time to sit and watch all mine feed but I try and watch the boas and the kings as they can be very entertaining.

I love it when they go up a food size!
Go to Top of Page

rubberbiscuit
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  17:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shouldnt be a wimp though. The whole process looks very similiar to me when I make a sandwich that is clearly too big for my gob!!LOL
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  17:52:02  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lol that needs a facebook style "like"!

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  17:57:02  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll probably finish the pinkies I have left and then put all my corns on fuzzies. Might still be a struggle for my smallest one though so I'll see. My brb was on large mice when I bought him, but IMO they are too big for him, so I'm trying to get him on rat fuzzies.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  11:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love feeding time. Its almost a year since I got my first snake and I still find it as fascinating as I did the first time I watched!!
Rubberbiscuit,do we get to see a photo of you with the extra large sandwich?!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  12:45:59  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love watching my little hatchling eating her pinkies, I swear she knows it's feeding time when I put her into her little feeding tub lol :)

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000