Strange Scales - Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2011 :  20:54:26  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have taken Tiko out to feed this evening and noticed he has a grey "dusty" looking line about 2" long on his back. On closer inspection they look like dusty and grey, not rotten just not healthy. He is due a shed soon as usually goes 6-7 weeks between times but its now been 8 weeks and he hasnt (noticeably) gone into blue. I examined him a bit and gave them a little rub incase they were dirty/dust but they dont budge. I have taken a few pics which dont show the problem as well as I would have hoped but let me know what you think. Also I went to feed him after as usual but he did not eat - however, I think this is as he had been prodded etc prior to this. He has never had shed problems but I have added a moss box in his house, he is currently in it (I have tried one before but he had never been interesed). Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2011 :  20:59:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried to wipe clean with a damp cloth?? if you fed it recently then it could be dried 'fluids' from the food.
Looks to me like dried something, i reckon that will wipe off.

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2011 :  21:13:42  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and that is why i love this forum, snake wiped with damp kitchen towel and most of it seems to have come off, still bits under the scale edges but I assume these will come off with shed. thanks so much Mike - saved me a night of worry. Will check him again tomorrow just to make sure its all gone still.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2011 :  10:00:23  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
glad snake is ok

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000