Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  13:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

Sooooo. After moving my anery Theo into a viv this weekend I now have an empty Faun, sat in the bedroom, mocking me because it is currently snake-less.

I currently have a snow, an anery and a carolina and would look to bring a fourth little one into the family....the question is.....what morph?!

I am pretty indecisive at the best of times....and this..tied with the fact that I love nearly every morph out there, makes for a difficult decision indeed.

With this in mind, I would like to open the floor to suggestions (to take the decision out of my hands!).

Opinions and suggestions please!

Location - Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  13:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amels are very pretty :D
Go to Top of Page

vivtastic
50% Warning

76 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  13:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i used to be indecisive but now i am not so sure. On a serioun note it is a very difficult choice to make, i think i would go for a ghost or if i had the money a honey.

Kindest regards

Vivtastic
Go to Top of Page

Lucy1012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  13:43:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my next addition is going to be a hypo lavender i think, failing that a butter... but it really is all down to what you like...

0.0.1 Amel Corn CB10 Luna
1.0.0 Orchid Corn CB08 Mizuki
0.1.0 Hypo Corn CB10 Hala
0.1.0 Normal het lav CB09 Neona
1.2.0 Normal Royals, Jericho, Eclipse and Monday

and various other critters including, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a hamster, a gerbil, 3 fish, 1 husband and 3 daughters :-)
Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  13:51:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funnily enough I did have my eye on a Butter....getting one sourced up here is tricky though

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  14:07:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Butters are very nice. I have a lovely butter motley ;)
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  14:39:17  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would go for a Bloodred, they are lovely, I have a 4 month old Bloodred and she's beautiful.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  14:45:15  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you def sticking with corns?

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

noola
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my next would prob be a reverse okeetee, already have a gorgeous butter,
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:06:31  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Butters are indead lovely and so are the reverse okeetee as Noola mentions, decisions decisions, I've a list of possible snakes which im researching.

Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really swaying towards butter now! Especially motley, although my anery is a motley aswell...hmmmmm.

Mamma - definitely sticking to corns for a few reasons, namely colour variation, space (big factor) and if I went with anything bigger ie. Boa, my parents would never visit! Ha!

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:18:55  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't have a lot of space either Ashma and am researching other snake species which will grow to the same size as corns, I agree with you on the colour variation of corns, there are lots and they are beautiful.

Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely agree Ailsa, the variation is amazing!
I assume you mean kingsnakes etc? I suppose the only reason I wouldn't shift from owning corns to anything else is purely down to a lack of knowledge. I should broaden my horizons though and probably follow your example of doing a little bit of research into it :)

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:25:51  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah King snakes etc and my knowledge is not vast as I only got my first corn snake last month however, I'd like other types of snakes with as near to care requirements to corns as possible, which is why I am doing a lot of research reading but it is not set in stone that wont get another corn, even though I have other choices of snakes I may not get them due to budget etc and then I would look at getting another corn snake :)

Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had my corns for around 6 months now, but I still feel like I know very little. Its always a challenge keeping animals of any type, but I enjoy it and I like the bond I have with my snakes (although its definitely not reciprocated haha).
I've just fallen in love with corns!
I'm a huge reptile fan though and would never rule out another type of snake altogether. I think for me, its just a case of being comfortable :)

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:38:53  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well you do what you feel most comfy with but possibly don't completely rule out other snake species. How many corns do you have?

Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:41:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll definitely let you know what I decide on for the next addition :)
I have two and a half
First is Theo, over a year old, anery motley
Second is Cleo, 7 month old carolina (absolutely insane aswell)

The half...well my other half has a year old snow called Pixie, but when we finish the move to our new house, it will be a joint effort to look after all 3

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:47:09  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah def do let me know whaat you decide. I only have 1 corn snake, Dakota is a 4 month old Bloodred and still shy bless her, plus my 2 mental, insane and a little bit psychotic cats Amber 7 and Chloe 6 yrs old. They are my wee family :)

Edited by - Ailsa on 16/05/2011 15:47:40
Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww, so tiny still :)

Cleo is insane, I'm sure of it. Struck and constricted on the FIRST feed. Always out and about climbing and a little terror to handle. Very fun to sit and watch though. I have her on beech chippings but want to get her onto aspen as I'm sure she'd tunnel a maze through it!

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:54:00  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dakota is starting to go a bit mental with her food now, she's like must kill pinkie at all costs and then chomps it down, she's great to handle tho is a bit flighty once i take her out but she does settle down. I've got aspen for her so she can burrow and tunnel but for now she'll be on kitchen roll. She's still shy though and waits till coast is clear before coming out for a mooch and she does love her loo roll tubes which I fixed to top of her faun with cable ties.

Edited by - Ailsa on 16/05/2011 15:56:51
Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love it when they strike and constrict. Theo is around the 2ft mark now and is quite powerful. He's the complete opposite in terms of temper though. Very chilled out and relaxed. He has this motion when I put my hand in the viv of

'what?! oh right...its you...again....*sigh* go on then, pick me up'

Bless. Here's me giving my snake a personlity....I'm sad like that!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000