viv help again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  17:41:42  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've sealed all sides and heat mat. To keep the heat mat , stat prob and thermometer wires tidy is it ok to use sealant to secure them to side of viv ?

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  19:36:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aquarium sealant is OK. Bathroom and Kitchen sealant tends to have chemicals in to kill mould and is supposed to be not great for animals.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  21:08:06  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes I have aquarium sealant :) so its ok to secure the wires to the sides of viv with sealant ? .
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  21:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah but be sure you've got it all in the right place.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

panda1987
Snake Mite

34 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  22:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it a wooden viv? if so i used a staple gun on my beardies viv to hold the wires in place
Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  22:19:54  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks, yes its a wooden viv, dont have staple gun and I would be worried the staples could work looses and Cilla swallow them :/ , I have only the heat mat wire so far as I'm waiting for sealant to set, ill probably just use cable ties for the other wires as I cant put them in until I'm ready to put cilla in too, only got 1 stat and thermometer x d
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  22:26:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't bother, its a pig to clean if you can't move stuff out the way.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  07:16:27  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hadn't thought of that :/
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  10:11:58  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

I wouldn't bother, its a pig to clean if you can't move stuff out the way.

I agree. I only have mine fastened down with cable clips so there is a bit of movement there but it is still a pain in the rear. You can guarantee they will poop right on top of the wires, right in the corner

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000