Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  16:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

Since ive moved valentine into a rub so the heat mat is physically outside the rub and not in the tank like it was before.... his skin still hasnt got any better.!!!

its really hard to get pics of it as hes a fidgit and the flakes are tiny but here are some ... hope you can see and help !!

Thinking of taking him to a vet if it doesnt get better in the next couple of days !! which is very expensive just for a consulatation so dont want to go if there is any way possible any one can help me!!

can you see the little bits of flakey skin sticking up .... its deff not normal is it??

any idea guys?? would really appreciate it :)

1 corn snake: Kchalice-Serendipity
2 dogs: Kane and chester
1 C0ckatill: Rolo
1 gold fish: chips
2 Cats : Max and Jess

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  18:49:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A snake doesn't heal like we do, their repairs happen underneath and then they shed off the knackered bits. You'll have to put up with a scruffy snake until he sheds.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 21/04/2011 18:49:36
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  21:21:17  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
has he shed since you noticed it? it could take a shed or two or longer to resolve itself

i'd be inclined to put in some damp hides (removing the usual ones) for 2-3 days (as preparation to soften the skin) then give him a bath and towel him dry to see if that removes the bits of skin

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2011 :  09:09:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gingerpony - i tried giving him a bath twice and he hated it lasted all of a few seconds all he kept doing was trying to get out !!

So do you think it may be worth trying a moss hide in there at the moment??

He shed and his new skin was fine ... and then suddenly it came up .... i think it was to do with his old tank and going under the heat mat but its not getting any better if anything there is slightly more of it and when i held him yesterday where it is flakey its very very dry !!

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2011 :  09:41:21  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
try a damp hide for a few days then rub him over gently with a damp flannel/cloth, see if that works

Go to Top of Page

snowstripe420
Egg

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  06:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did his skin heal? Any Know causes? Noticed otis has the same thing today..

Go to Top of Page

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  10:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey ,

No it hasnt Healed, personally i think its getting worse... there seems to be more tiny little bits!!!

My dad thinks im over reacting, and should wait for his next shed like i was advised on here!!

But im getting worried now !! as i dont want to leave it too long !!!

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  10:40:14  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My yearling currently has this, I presume it was cause by slithering backwards at some point. As long as it does not look sore and the skin underneath is fine there should be no problem.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  13:13:35  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'd personally leave it a few sheds to fully resolve.......snakes don't heal that quickly!!

Go to Top of Page

snowstripe420
Egg

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  16:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok sounds good. :)I put a second, larger water dish in the middle of his tank for a day and i ran him thru some paper towel in my hand and all but one little piece of skin came off :)

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  21:20:30  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If its not getting any worse don't worry about it, its just wear and tear on the skin.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  10:41:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
really?? Because mine has got slightly worse, theres more of it ... he is an extremely active snake!!

So you guys think there isnt really anything wrong, its just where he moves alot... wait for him to shed and hope it goes down a bit ..???

I even changed his whole tank from a glass tak to a rub because i was worried he was burning himself but obviously not ??

So you think i should stop worrying yes lool??

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  10:53:30  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
mine often gets buts sticking up, i just put it down to her moving bacwards when shes sqeezed herself under things an it just lifts the tip an edges up

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000