New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jsg
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  22:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,not sure if my corn snake is too small for its age,its 1 year old and is 19 inches long she eats well once a week one small mouse (fluff) i think you call it. just been watching essex jungle and saw a corn snake a year old twice the size of mine. any advice would be great thanks.

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  22:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if your snake looks healthy and eating shedding and pooing, its fine. Dont worry about other snakes all are different.

19 inches doesnt sound too bad for a year old snake.

Go to Top of Page

jsg
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  22:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry looks like i posted this twice i thought the first one did not work. any way maybe i misheard what they said on the telly but i looked on line and have read about people with 1 year old corn snakes 2 to 3 foot long. may be im worrying about nothing just concerned.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  22:30:51  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
anyone with a 3' long one year old corn has been overfeeding it or is 'massaging their figures' :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  22:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jsg

sorry looks like i posted this twice i thought the first one did not work. any way maybe i misheard what they said on the telly but i looked on line and have read about people with 1 year old corn snakes 2 to 3 foot long. may be im worrying about nothing just concerned.

dont be concerned snakes grow at different rates for different reasons, I have yearlings smaller than yours and they are perfectly healthy, granted I do have some larger but that just shows there is no scientific formula to snake growth.

Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  22:36:27  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
dont worry to much they all grow at different rates. and if there anything like mine they seem to go through massive growth spurts for a few months! :)

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

jsg
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  22:38:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for that, put my mind at rest just thought maybe i was doing something wrong. cheers.
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  23:49:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, they all grow at different rates. Lister is 9 months and about 30"-32". And he isn't overfed, he's fed two small mice every 2 weeks :P
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  18:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Yeah, they all grow at different rates. Lister is 9 months and about 30"-32". And he isn't overfed, he's fed two small mice every 2 weeks :P

Do you know the DoB?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 05/05/2011 18:40:51
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  19:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not exactly, but I can ask the lady I got him off of the exact figure, but I do know he is truely 9 months, as I bought him off one of my best friends :P
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  19:52:33  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When it comes to snake sizes/ages it's a never ending story to the amount of differences there will be.
In my opinion, so long as it's healthy it doesn't matter what size it is.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  10:51:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 3 corns are all a similar age (born around June/July last year)and there is a marked difference in length and weight of each. Weight wise I have one at 40g,one at 69g and one at 92g and all are healthy,not skinny or obese.
Just like us humans they grow at different rates,so I wouldn't worry.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000