Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carmichael6
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  14:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

Gino has now moved up to his next sized mouse which the pet shop guy said was classed as a fuzzy with fur instead of the pink skin fuzzies that he was on just before, the mouse is considerably bigger than his previous ones and I was just wondering how many days between feeds I should wait until feeding him his next one. When he was on his smaller size i fed him every 5 days and he had his bigger size on Saturday which would mean he'd be due his next one tonight if I were to keep to the 5 days but I'm not sure whether that's too soon seeing as its much bigger than what he's used to.

Thanks

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  16:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its probably safe to move to every 7 days now

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  19:56:33  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yup weekly feeds are a good guide once they are onto 'proper' mice

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  21:41:51  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
as it's still only a fuzzy, i'd prolly increase to a 7 day interval initially then work back down to feeding every 5 days, then do the same when he's ready for small mice, increase the feeding interval then gradually work down to 5 again

adults i'd feed weekly or fortnightly (depending upon sex) but feed more frequently while they're young and growing

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000