New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  10:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad they showed a few reptile owners that didn't seem daft, otherwise it makes us all look bonkers!

I must admit I was confused with the boa to, I've no experience of large snakes, but when the Ian guy got it out, it didn't seem aggresive at all! I was thinking it probably wasn't trying to kill you, it was trying to hold on to your skinny shoulders!

Loved the Monitor, but no way would I be as devoted as that old guy! All of them had rooms!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  10:38:27  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just watched it online now as yes... I did forget. Some fab lookin beasties on it... did feel sorry for the underweight beardie. Elinor was horrified at the monitor pooing in the kitchen... I have to say I was kinda knocked sick too hahaha. Can I ask though... in reg to the rattle.... why can that man have one in his shop if they are that dangerous? Surely he cant be allowed to sell it to anyone? If not then why has he got it in the shop? Defo watching nxt weeks one

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  11:05:30  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That older gentleman lives in my town! Not sure whether to try and track him down or avoid like the plague! lol

No that's not fair. He seems to care a great deal for all his animals so fair play to him. Although when his time comes I wouldn't want to be the one left to sort the house out to sell...

When that monitor did its business in the kitchen I was expecting to see him with a mop and bucket. But no, he was cleaning up that stinky mess with a handheld sponge! Eeeewwwww!! lol

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  11:11:19  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
... and that woman with the lizard. Her poor dog wasn't getting a look-in!! lol

Mind, I think my Roxy has been feeling that way since I got bit by the snake bug, so think I'll get her down the country park later to make it up... :)

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  22:53:58  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that was a nice shop he had :D that rattler gave me the creeps though, and you would of thought he would a separated the royals then feed than feed then separate...

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  00:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK I missed it so just watched it on the tinterweb. Different, that fella with the camen is clearly barking mad as was the beardie woman. That poor dog too getting the brush off

I couldn't believe that someone with 5 years experience with a Boa would put a snake on his shoulders have it wrap round his head and from what I could tell he did it again.

The reptile shop was pretty good, still annoyed me about cohabiting but thats another story and wow to the rattler but no thanks, I'll leave dealing with those to the suicidal and seriously brave.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  07:54:30  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just watched it on t'interweb as we didn't get back in time on Wednesday........i've posted a comment (that's awaiting moderation) basically saying with the exception of Iain and Chris, the rest of the owners back up my theory that there should be an IQ test for potential rep owners....

the daft bat that killed her leos........the male chicken that draped his large boa round his neck and was surprised when it tried to hang on........the anonymous owner of the emaciated neglected beardie - i wonder why HE didn't want to be identified!!

I'm not sure i can watch the rest of the series, it just makes me sick

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  09:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

just watched it on t'interweb as we didn't get back in time on Wednesday........i've posted a comment (that's awaiting moderation) basically saying with the exception of Iain and Chris, the rest of the owners back up my theory that there should be an IQ test for potential rep owners....

the daft bat that killed her leos........the male chicken that draped his large boa round his neck and was surprised when it tried to hang on........the anonymous owner of the emaciated neglected beardie - i wonder why HE didn't want to be identified!!

I know how you feel gp, although I must admit I enjoyed watching the rescue guy with his collection (particularly the emu! ), and the rep shop. I was a bit miffed that the guy labelled his boa a killer, when it seemed calm, so many people are already scared of these beautiful snakes that scare-mongering like this doesn't help! Although maybe it'll teach people to double check how big a potential pet might get!

The poor beardie was awful, saying it was aggressive and then legging it before Ian could notice how thin it was, hope she makes it

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  10:14:53  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah the boa was lovely, an absolute pussycat, it was just the numpty male chicken of an owner!!! of course it's gonna hang on to you if you're only supporting the middle of a (alledgedly) 9ft boa!!!
the viv was tiny and didn't look very well set up from the little bit that was shown
it just made me cross!!

*edited to remove swear filtered word*

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 22/04/2011 14:09:34
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  14:07:00  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob
.........that fella with the caiman is clearly barking mad........

This ^^^^ with bells on.

Very well looked after animals though, a bit to well actually.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  16:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where can i find this to watch it online as i was working :(

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Wendy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  16:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

where can i find this to watch it online as i was working :(

I was away when it was shown, and have just finished watching it, online. I typed in channel 5 and that took me to their on demand page. then looked though the listings until I found it.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/essex-jungle/episodes/episode-1-321

Not sure if the link I copied here will work.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  17:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

I feel the same. I found the rep shop interesting. That rattler was amazing and I think all the vivs looked really nice but it was the other people in it that I didn't really enjoy watching. Just giving more idiots and wierdos their 15 mins of fame!
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  20:37:06  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My eldest son told me I shouldn't be watching it as I would just end up wanting more reps lol.

I thought the old guy with the Cayman was a bit nutty but then I guess he hasn't got anyone else so his reps are his family. Credit to the guy for giving them the best he can, it can't have been cheap or easy to put those pools in his house.

I loved the guy from the rep shop when talking about what he would do if the rattler bit him...

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Mole
Hatchling

United Kingdom
121 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  23:07:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well very interesting thought the old fella was mad as a box of frogs, loved his clothes all with torn shoulders (from his birds no doubt), and I thought the exact same thing about selling that bungalow in the event of anything happening. Loved croc dundee with phone in one hand kid in the other just a fab bloke really, and was interesting insite into feeding the rattler, took safety really seriously there fair play cant wait till next week. My little son watched it twice

1.0.0 corn snake Striker
1.0.0 dog Merlo
0.1.0 rabbit Sparkle
0.2.0 Cats Skid and Whizz
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  00:08:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mole

the old fella was mad as a box of frogs

His box of frogs is next episode.

I agree totally that putting a seriously hefty (though not overly massive) Boa on his shoulders when he is the width of a toothpick is going to cause discomfort and only one thing is going to happen its going to grab onto the only bit he/she can to pull himself upwards just happened to be his head but as most people know there is a massive distinct difference between a snake holding on and a snake constricting, basically if it was constricting it would have been Essex council ringing crocodile Derek to come remove a Boa from a dead guys house, you dont escape from a 9 foot snake in constrict on your own.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  00:34:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

quote:
Originally posted by Mole

the old fella was mad as a box of frogs

you dont escape from a 9 foot snake in constrict on your own.

Unless your Steve Backshall on Deadly 60! Brilliant episode where he let one constrict round his neck

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  11:40:48  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

[quote]
Unless your Steve Backshall on Deadly 60! Brilliant episode where he let one constrict round his neck

Now that guy is one tough cookie!! Brave or mental? Can't decide! lol

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  14:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmm, Steve Backshall.... Sorry went all misty eyed and lost the thread of the conversation for a while. Have you SEEN that guy without his top on!!

Anyway, back to the Essex Jungle - I really enjoyed watching it. Wish I was as well looked after as that water monitor - own TV and controller (I don't get the TV controller in my house), indoor swimming pool and hand fed prawns in the bath. That is something else!! Nearly threw up when he encouraged it to go to the loo on his kitchen floor though.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  15:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

Have you SEEN that guy without his top on!!

Hell yeah!!! Phwoarrrrrrrrrrr
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000