Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  05:09:14  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, so this isn't really about corns but a lot of people have various reptiles so you'll probably be interested in this.

New series on 5 starts Wednesday at 8pm, called Essex Jungle. Here's the blurb from the channel 5 website...

"Iain Newby set up the Dangerous Wild Animals Rescue Facility (DWARF) 18 years ago in the village of Little Wakering, Essex. He now looks after more than 70 exotic animals and works tirelessly to fund the centre and rescue the unusual pets that others have abandoned. Iain’s latest rescue is a 9ft boa constrictor, which has tried to kill its owner twice. Unsurprisingly, the boa is no longer welcome in his owner’s terraced home just over the border in Dartford.

In Leigh-on-Sea, Rob runs the Scales and Fangs pet shop. The establishment is always busy, but every Wednesday Rob gets a bumper crowd when he feeds his incredibly dangerous collection of rattlesnakes. It is a nerve-wracking morning – and Rob needs all his wits about him to make sure he doesn't suffer a potentially deadly bite.

Meanwhile, reptile enthusiast Jackie Lewis is looking for a mate for her bearded dragon, Sebastian. Local pet-shop owner John, who runs Smooth and Scaly in Westcliff-on-Sea, thinks he has a match for Sebastian. But will the blind date work out?

Finally, ex-prison guard and football manager Chris Weller introduces his menagerie of dangerous animals: six-foot Asian monitor lizard Hector, crocodile Caesar and iguana Rocky!"

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Edited by - gmac on 20/04/2011 20:30:29

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  05:11:42  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe I shoulda posted this in the off corn section...

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  09:26:10  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
*sighs* what sensationalist journalism and probably utter c**p re. the boa
think i'll watch it though to see how it really did 'try to kill its owner'.........should be good for a laugh

and it's fine in this section hun

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  09:37:19  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't see why a boa would try and kill a person... Unless it wnated to nom it but I find it difficult to imagine at 9ft that it could manage? Unless the owner is a midget or dwarf? If it is a lie I don't see why they do it :/ it will only mean they get a ton of rage comments.

I can see me going awww a lot XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 16/04/2011 09:38:16
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  10:39:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol,whats the betting the boa was just holding on to his owner,or a bit grumpy on those occasions.
Wii have to check it out though,I think I too will be doing a lot of awwing (is that a word!)

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  11:13:17  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Will watch it to join in with the 'awww and ahhh' folk!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  15:25:28  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm only curious about one thing.
The feeding of the rattlesnakes.
Depending on how he does it, it's dangerous enough as it is without loads of people disturbing you and upsetting the snakes. It sounds absolutely daft if you ask me.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  15:33:17  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
definitely a Health & Safety nightmare!!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  15:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will watch this if I remember!
Go to Top of Page

Mole
Hatchling

United Kingdom
121 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  23:06:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just put on series record, for the utter fun of it my little boy will love it and more likely join in with the awww crew too

1.0.0 corn snake Striker
1.0.0 dog Merlo
0.1.0 rabbit Sparkle
0.2.0 Cats Skid and Whizz
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  14:33:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to have to watch it, mainly because people know I keep reptiles and will be asking me all about it and part because I want to see the guy dice with death/a rattlesnake.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  15:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, have set a reminder for it.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  20:34:11  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe the boa was in the owners bed, stretched out sizing him up for..... blah blah blah! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  21:53:35  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

maybe the boa was in the owners bed, stretched out sizing him up for..... blah blah blah! :D

YEAH! i know what you mean as my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

uma and bill
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  23:56:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol Steves mum tried to scare us about the whole Boa trying to kill its owner tonight but it doesnt put us off our baby

sjmarshall
Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  10:48:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shall be watching, but I bet entertainment and education takes a back seat to sensationalist cr*p. Should be fun though

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  19:27:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget this is on tonight!

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  20:27:17  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MODS: As you locked the Essex Jungle thread, please could you amend the title for this one so it says the name of the show. I get a runtime error when I try...

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  20:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, what did everyone think of this? Lots more rep enthusiasts out there than I thought! Felt very sorry for the skinny beardie though

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  22:36:17  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I felt sorry for the poor thing too. :( ... That Ian bloke and his family. How do they get through each day?? lol 70+ exotics, 6 kids under 7, 4 dogs and a cat! OMG! lol

That was a beautiful looking boa too... :)

Pete

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  08:22:48  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I thought the rescue guy and the shop guy were quite guy. Did make me want to slap the guy who previously owned the boa, the simplest solution would be not drape it round your neck and loop round! The rest seemed like they weren't all there... though damn that old man had some lovely beasts.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000