Body Temp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  17:28:53  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've been reading up loads on corn snakes but how do snakes generally thermoregulate their body temps? Just asking because when I look in at Dakota she is hiding under the wood bark thing which is on the cool side. She'll move herself when she's feeling cold, wont she?

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  17:45:39  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when they're too cold they move somewhere warmer
when they're too warm they move somewhere cooler

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  17:53:27  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yup, most reptiles will thermoregulate their body temperature. If you see them constantly staying in one end or the other all the time, it's a sign to adjust your temps. That and what your thermometer says of course

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000