General Posts
 First Constrict!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  10:26:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its been a month of 1st for Vin, with his first strike, first shed (with me) and first constrict last night! It was a proper job to, he struck at the pinkie and wrapped himself round it so completely he rolled across the faun like a little snakey tumbleweed!

So wish I'd had a camera but he's always been a shy feeder and things distract him easily...up till now that is! A couple of weeks ago wiggling a mouse at him would've had him running off to hide, now he'll snatch and eat with me peering in. Success!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  11:07:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay,go Vin! That sounds brill. Think you'll have to start getting that camera out now he's such a little foodie.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  11:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww thanks, just so pleased because I'm working abroad for a month in May and he's going to a reptile shop to be looked after (my OH is away to and my family is annoyingly anti-snake) & he was such a shy boy I was worried he'd be put off eating. He's going in his own faun to reduce stress and the people seem really nice, but you just can't help but worry can you lol

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  13:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have to take our three to a rep shop later in the year for three weeks and im already stressing lol ! we had a strong strike form kai last nite , so much so i still had the fluff tail in the forceps!

***sig removed - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15428 for more info***

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 10/04/2011 01:01:31
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  19:51:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

we have to take our three to a rep shop later in the year for three weeks and im already stressing lol ! we had a strong strike form kai last nite , so much so i still had the fluff tail in the forceps!

I know how you feel! I know they're probably very competant but no matter how big he gets he'll always be my little baby lol

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  21:10:06  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats!
must be something in the air...........
my adult male Dum made me jump earlier as it's the first time he's actually struck at the rat! i was gobsmacked lol i usually have to leave it in his viv for 2 days!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  16:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kodi won't strike , but wen I dangled it for kai , he slowly moved his head then boom really fast and really strong . He then proseeded to kill it for ten mins before eating , the tail was still in the forcepts it was so strong , I was smiling like a loon lol x

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  19:27:43  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thumbs up!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000