Feeding Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  13:32:33  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just got Dakota yesterday and she's 12 weeks old (unsure of sex yet but I just call her she lol), got pinkies for the first 4 weeks and will pick up some more next week some time.

When I move her from pinkies to fluffs/fuzzies and then adult mice what age should Dakota be when I do this or does it depend on how your snake grows and her size?

Here she is:

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  13:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is not age dependant, it is down to the size of the snake, foods should be no bigger than one and a half times the widest part of the snake at its widest.

Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  14:10:40  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've got two corns that are about a month or two apart in age (okay not a big gap, but I'll continue...) the younger one moved up to fluffs way before the older one, so it's really down to how fast the snake grows. Like gmac said, don't offer food bigger than 1.5x the widest part of the snake and have fun watching her grow!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000