New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

erwenaragon2010
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  13:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i'm new to the corn snake forum.I have three corns of which I have had one since a hatchling the second is about two years old.
MY third i have only had for a week she is an adult not sure how old but she is nearlly five foot long i have noticed when i have her out, some times i can hear her exhale (her mouth and nose are normal not discharg and theres no gasp'g for air) is this normal i haven't had this with my other two but their not has big has her yetif any one can help i would appreciate it

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  13:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you can hear them breathing once they are big enough. If its not laboured breathing and there is no discharge or open mouth breathing I think its normal. Just keep an eye on her as she is new and follow normal quarantine cleanliness bewtween the snakes.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  15:14:28  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
a raspy wheeze might be the beginning of a mild RI, what are your temps like? how is this snake housed?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

erwenaragon2010
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  20:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
many thanks. she is housed in wooden viv with glass front the temps 75/80f she dose'nt have a raspy wheeze its just an exhale
sound i will keep an eye on her just incase this changes thanks again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000