any salamander experts about?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

misstwinkle
Egg

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  20:10:22  Show Profile  Click to see misstwinkle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im lookin after a marble salamander for my mate thats gone travellin for 3 months.
but it hasnt eaten for roughly a month! she went through everything with me, like mistin the tank and not lettin it get too hot or cold. ive been feedin it a mixture of crickets, mealworms and wax worms,2 a day (not of each) like i was told. everythin was goin smoothly for the 1st month, now its gone down hill. ive tried rubbin the worms on his mouth to tempt him but havent had any luck.
he was really chubby when i got him but now hes gone alittle wrinkly.
PLEASE any advise u could give id be soo grateful !

i have posted this on the amphibian forum earlier in the day but not had anythin back yet

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  23:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh dear that's a bit of a toughie! Have you tried contacting your friend to see has he ever gone off food like that before? I can't help I'm afraid but I hope somebody else can advise you!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  10:11:11  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have newts... they are kinda similar. Sometimes my newts wont eat for a few weeks at a time as well. You just need to be patient and keep trying. xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000