New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

esox
Egg

84 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  12:18:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just got some F10sc

this the right stuff? basically im getting a new corn, so want to disinfect a rub that has been used and the hides and water bowl, do i just add a few mm to warm water and leave it for an hour or so, and dry off?

think I read it didnt need to be rinsed.

just dont want to poison the new baby

cheers ears.

corn, anery, fred

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  14:06:57  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ive never used it so not sure alot of disinfectants work by being allowed to evapourate, but u do normally need to rinse water bowls out etc

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  15:48:31  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes that's the correct stuff.

The dilution is 2ml/litre for general cleaning but as you're cleaning a used rub for a new snake I'd go with 4ml/litre. If you unscrew the lid of the 5ml section and give the bottle a squeeze, it will fill up to give you 5mls of the concentrate. From that you can work out how much either 2 or 4mls is. I find this section bit handy especially as I'm really clumsy and tend to spill things, so at least this way I can only spill 5mls at the most instead if the full 100mls.

F10 is safe to use on animals (there's an episode of Zoo Vet At Large where Matt Brash uses it on a tortoise with shell rot) and I've even heard it being used in a nebuliser with snakes with respiratory infections. There is normally no need to be rinse after use. I've used it on all my animals cages, water bowls, etc for years without rinsing and have never had a problem. Though if you are using the more concentrated 4mls/litre I would probably give the water bowl a quick rinse before filling it just to be on the safe side.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)

Edited by - thistle on 04/03/2011 15:56:46
Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  16:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, thats the stuff. did you know you can also buy it in a really good spray bottle, pre diluted? its really handy for cleaning vivs and viv furniture. also kinda sad but the spray bottle is really good!

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

esox
Egg

84 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  17:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great advice guys, going to clean the rub and hides, bowl tonight and pick snakey up tomorrow, the guy in the shop wasnt half right whe he said snake owning was like an addiction

corn, anery, fred
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000