New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leehale88
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  20:05:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi no big problem but Buzz had his feed today which he enjoyed but he doesnt pounce or constrict which i thought they usually did is it normal?

BUZZ

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  20:09:58  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats fine. Some give big constriction displays, some will strike but not constrict and some (like my Peanut) take it really slowly and gently. It can depend on the snake and on their mood on the day

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

leehale88
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  20:18:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahh ok thanks

BUZZ
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  20:29:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot doesn't strike but he constricts if you give the mouse a little jiggle once he gets hold of it. Do you tweezer feed, if so give the mouse a very gentle wiggle when he bites down.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Strawb
Egg

Germany
50 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  20:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My corn only occasionally strikes. Usually she sniffs at it a lot before going back in her hide. I then lay it down and a few minutes later she picks it up and eats it.
A snake with a bit more decorum I feel.
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  20:53:58  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have snakes that strike and constrict and others that don't. It's an individual thing. Plus some will sometimes but not others....they like to confuse and keep you guessing!!!
I just think as long as they feed ok then that's all that really matters.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  23:05:09  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh lord, this is more then normal, but I have one that possibly isn't XDD

Of my five:

[*] Conan strikes and constricts most of the time, so I'm told, but also has lazy days where he just grabs and shovels.
    [*] Ripley, the lazy sod, opens his mouth and waits for the mouse to be inserted! I swear down he does!
    [*] Widget strikes, strikes again, then waits for it to be laid in the bottom of the tank I feed it to actually then prod and poke for 10 minutes before starting to eat.
    [*] Dexter hides x.x Truly coils up in a tight ball and hides until the smell of food makes him poke about and finally eat.
    [*] Incy-wincy teeny-tiny Boa'tata strikes, constricts and kill-kill-kills his dinner 100%. He is the only true snake XDDD

There are so many individual ways for these snakes to eat, its ridiculous XDD And sometimes hilarious! I often tell Ripley that he is letting the team down, especially when a snake no bigger then a boot-lace is killing his already dead dinner more then he ever has!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

mina0103
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  00:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

nekko wont constrict or strike either. He also tries to eat when no one is watching. Ive only seen him eat twice and he thought id gone but had just gone to make a drink lol. Id love to see him strike n constrict but as long as hes happy n eating its all good. He wont be the last i have so maybe the next will do it.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h377/mina0103/SDC10591-1.jpg[/IMG]

0.1.0 dog staffy/lab cross; mina
1.0.0 corn anery; nekko

Debbie
x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000