Viv Size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paul9115
Snake Mite

14 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  05:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys and girls just a quick question, I have a 2' x 1' viv and Fred is aprox 3.5' long, not sure if he's fully grown yet but I was just wondering if it will be big enough for him. I know they don't like wide open spaces but don't want him to be cramped up, would it be worth investing in a larger one, thanks in advance.

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  06:45:45  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The general rule is that once the snakes length is more than the length plus the width of it's viv then it's time for larger accommodation. So at 3.5' long, I would say that your snake could do with being moved to a bigger viv.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

paul9115
Snake Mite

14 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  07:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks what size would you reccomend for him, I was thinking of getting one that would suit him through adulthood.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  08:34:22  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Most corns will average about 4ft.
At the risk of a guess, I'd say something along the line of 36x18x18 inches. That should last him up until about 4.5-5ft and providing he doesn't get much bigger than that, then that should do fine for life.
I have adult snakes in 36x16x16 vivs it's good enough for them.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000