not shed since nov 2010
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  18:13:03  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i know im prob worrying for nothing
but my corn bless her chilled out little socks, hasnt shed since november 2010

shes grown well, feeds, poos.......never been a prob

was expecting a shed at least this month, should i be concerned?

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  18:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry about it. They shed when they need to and as they get older the time between sheds gets longer and their growth slows. If she is otherwise healthy its just the waiting game. Spot last shed in the beginning of January so I suspect I won't see another shed for a few months.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  18:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

I wouldn't worry about it. They shed when they need to and as they get older the time between sheds gets longer and their growth slows. If she is otherwise healthy its just the waiting game. Spot last shed in the beginning of January so I suspect I won't see another shed for a few months.

Looking at your sig I'd say he's at least under a year old? I'd expect a shed at least every four months (give or take a week!) How big is he?

I bet you make this thread and she'll go blue within the next 5-7 days Lrv,

Have you been feeding her? I know some people hibernate their snakes, (I do).
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  18:36:52  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hiya hillz
she is coming on two foot long now, hatched aprox august 2010
she is doing great feeding never a prob, feeding day today and she took a big ol fuzzy

just thought going by hatchy advice in the past she would shed 4-6 weeks a time. my king is about the same age, and she shed yesterday lol

didnt think it would be a prob, shes been good as gold really

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  18:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot is under a year, and with Jan and Feb over (nearly) another few months is about right.

Your not wrong though, Morgana will probably be blue as a smurf come tomorrow.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  18:55:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then I'd be more expectant of a shed within the next couple of weeks then, Lota.

And to LRV; I can't see anything that would stop her shedding, snakes normally only hyper-shed if theres something up with them, (i.e mites, or an injury)

I wouldn't worry, my only guess that if she's been fed then her matabolisms have slowed right down over the winter, and she'll have a spurt when it warms up a bit.
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  19:03:15  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Spot is under a year, and with Jan and Feb over (nearly) another few months is about right.

Your not wrong though, Morgana will probably be blue as a smurf come tomorrow.

she prob will, i know when boudica is going to shed, she is miss pmt queen lol
watched her shed monday night......sure is amazing, morgana is so chilled out though lol

thanks for the advice spot sure is lookin a stunning lil chap as he gets older i must say

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  19:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww thanks, I'll not tell him , his cheeks are already going pink, don't want him blushing too much.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  01:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
erm, i am gonna disagree quite a lot here. Baby corns should be shedding between 4 and 5 weeks apart, not 4 months.
my lot are coming up to a year now, and i get a shed from them every 4 weeks, some slightly more often.
if i waited for 4 months for a baby to shed, i would be concerned. babies should grow quite rapidly, and shed more frequently.
as an adult, i would expect a shed every 2 months or so, not even 4.
the only time i would expect, and had, a small corn shed with a 2 month cycle would be if it was dwarf, or stunted.
keep an eye on growth rates, it should be rapid.

Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  07:04:37  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well fuss over lol, fed her last night, woke this morning to find a lovely shed hanging from her vine lol

and now shes lookin at me from her warm hide wondering what all the fuss was about lol

its a cpl of weeks late, but she has had a growth spirt now shes on fuzzies. thanks everyone for your input and advice
im not so nurotic as i was when i first got her lol, more chilled out now shes getting big

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly