Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sparkaly
Hatchling

212 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  19:52:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just wondering if anybody has used these vines for corn snakes, I bought some but they seem a bit abrasive.

Do you think they would be ok or should I not bother putting them in the Viv.......Charlie loves to climb.

Cheers

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  20:07:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No they're perfect! i have a couple and they love climbing them. Also, abbrasive is good to help them shed.:) They look good too!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  20:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They'd be a right laugh if they were smooth.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  20:10:53  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

No they're perfect! i have a couple and they love climbing them. Also, abbrasive is good to help them shed.:) They look good too!

I'll second that...... brilliant for corns who like to climb!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

sparkaly
Hatchling

212 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  20:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doh, never thought of him slipping off if smooth, such a daft question when I think of it (newbies eh).
Thanks ladies and gents I'll get them put in for him.
(just didn't want him to scratch his little tummy :-P ) LOL

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  20:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awh bless:P

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  21:54:36  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was a bit worried how rough they were as well when I first got some. But Barnaby loves his and is always climbing on them.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  00:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are absolutly fine, as I have used them for mine, also may help them when they shed to break free through their skin.

Have a look at the pic for my set up. My vine was to long so after beinding it, I wrapped the cut off piece around it, to give t a better look, and then just attached it to the side of the viv with a cable clip (which I soon be covering with a fake plant)

Edited by - CentricMalteser on 22/02/2011 23:58:24
Go to Top of Page

sparkaly
Hatchling

212 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  11:17:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohhh I like the way you have done that, I'll have to post up some piccys when I've sorted mine out.
Thanks for all your help

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  11:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

My first thought as well

Edit - Centricmalteser - I don't want to tell you anything that you may already know but the snake can defiantly climb the wires on the back right, so if any of the wire holes are a bit big you may need to fill them in.

Edited by - matty18714 on 22/02/2011 12:13:37
Go to Top of Page

sparkaly
Hatchling

212 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  12:11:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny thing is, I've had them for 2 weeks and only just plucked up the courage to ask the dumb question ha ha . Don't mind looking dumb so long as mi snakey is okey ;-)

Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  13:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh the wire holes are filled with geocel aquarium sealant, which once dried is friendly to all animals, and dont cause problems, i also use it as a "glue" to stick the heat mat down

but thanks anyway, cos im sure its easy to forget a small thing like that lol

quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

quote:

My first thought as well

Edit - Centricmalteser - I don't want to tell you anything that you may already know but the snake can defiantly climb the wires on the back right, so if any of the wire holes are a bit big you may need to fill them in.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  14:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser

Yeh the wire holes are filled with geocel aquarium sealant, which once dried is friendly to all animals, and dont cause problems, i also use it as a "glue" to stick the heat mat down

quote:

quote:

My first thought as well

Thank viv looks way too big for your corn! She looks lost in there!
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  17:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as i have stated in other messages, viv isnt too big,

she is 1 and half foot long,

and that picture was taken prior to me filling it out with more hides and artifical plants etc,

she is always out and exploring and certainly doesnt strike when i go in to pick up to handle, and she doesnt seem nervous either

she is in a strike position just there, as i just put her back in from her feed

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:

quote:

quote:

My first thought as well

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  18:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sparkaly

I'm just wondering if anybody has used these vines for corn snakes, I bought some but they seem a bit abrasive.

Do you think they would be ok or should I not bother putting them in the Viv.......Charlie loves to climb.

Cheers

I'm going to get some of these for my exoterra viv. I think the corn in there will like them as he likes to climb up the fake plants at the back
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  18:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

and that picture was taken prior to me filling it out with more hides and artifical plants etc,

she is always out and exploring and certainly doesnt strike when i go in to pick up to handle, and she doesnt seem nervous either

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My first thought as well

You crack on an ignore the years of experience here telling you important things.
Not many here will have time for that, me included.
We don't advise people of things that are pointless and irrelevant.

It's funny though, absolutely none of my snakes ever get into a strike position when I put them back, even my downright nasty ones.
However, I don't keep them in vivs too big for them.

Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  18:14:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you dont need to get sarcastic or nasty,

im sure there is a decent percentage of people that ignore others advise, and their snakes go on to lead healthy lives

if you dont want to tolerate it, then dont reply

i have no started neither done anything wrong, and simply registered on this forum to chat to other like minded persons

however, judging but how you write, you not one of these persons!

quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My first thought as well

You crack on an ignore the years of experience here telling you important things.

It's funny though, absolutely none of my snakes ever get into a strike position when I put them back, even my downright nasty ones.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  18:22:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Firstly, CM, don't label yourself as someone who "Ignores" advice, its not a good thing and people arn't going to appreciate it when you then ask a question as, and this is a gentle reminder, you're not very experienced.

Secondly, viv size isn't a cut and dry topic. The snake probably doesn't understand the area in which it can roam. I personally feel that as long as their is a lot of dense ground cover, the size of the viv makes a smaller difference than most people think, however, with a large viv, a small snake will have to move a long way to change between the two heat extremes of the viv - something that is often overlooked.

Edit - Spelling

Edited by - matty18714 on 22/02/2011 18:23:48
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  18:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

im sure there is a decent percentage of people that ignore others advise, and their snakes go on to lead healthy lives

i have no started neither done anything wrong, and simply registered on this forum to chat to other like minded persons

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My first thought as well

Out of interest, if you are going to ignore advice, why waste your time and the time of the people who go out of their way to help?
That is both arrogant and rude, and stupid.
I haven't been rude yet, mildly sarcastic maybe.

Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  19:05:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iuts not case of ignoring advice its a way you put it, and you put it across in a rude and arrogant way

and as a resulkt bvecause of member slike u i no longer wish to be registered!!!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My first thought as well

Out of interest, if you are going to ignore advice, why waste your time and the time of the people who go out of their way to help?
That is both arrogant and rude, and stupid.
I haven't been rude yet, mildly sarcastic maybe.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  19:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DING DING! Ladies ladies, pack it in or I'll get out the paddling pool and jelly.

Mike has a valid point delivered in typical Mike style, going off the picture he does look a bit small but if you are aware of this and have stuff the spaces with hides and foliage then thats all good and well. I had a hatchie (11 inches) in a 2 foot viv jammed full of foliage and he was fine but that cant be a cut and dry bit of advice, some don't fair well in big spaces.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 22/02/2011 19:31:37
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000