Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  19:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

kinda lost the plot here people lets get it back on track.

Go to Top of Page

sparkaly
Hatchling

212 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  19:57:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right gmac, back on track :-)
I've put the vines in, what do you think ........... anything else you think he needs?

Thanks guys and girls

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  20:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice :)

Can I ask, I have never seen these vines in shops so I don't know how they attach to the viv. How do you fix them to the sides? I have a glass viv so don't know how I would put them in.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  20:01:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

Very nice :)

Can I ask, I have never seen these vines in shops so I don't know how they attach to the viv. How do you fix them to the sides? I have a glass viv so don't know how I would put them in.

Thanks.

I second that query.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  20:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might be able to find one of those hooks with the sucker on, the sort of thing you might use in a bathroom. It would just be a case of wrapping the vine around it.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  20:03:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooh good idea. Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

sparkaly
Hatchling

212 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  20:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I twisted one end round my branch (big piece of tree root LOL) near the top of the viv. Twisted another piece of vine around the 1st piece of vine and made some legs.
No extra holes drilled. Charlie has had a slither around it and it seems ok

Sorry but it's not that easy to put into words DOH

Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  21:22:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May be a valid point, but he should really put it in a non sarcastic have it go way and then make stupid comments like "why waste peoples time when you are going to ignore them"

I am not ignoring it what so ever,

and I do have plenty of foilage around the vines, on the ground, which has shadowed and darkened areas, and also given "hiding spaces"

my viv is 2ft width ways and 1ft and half depth and height,

Cecil make look small, due to the angle shot and as you know when snakes curl up then can look small, but she is in fact 1ft 5ins

And this was measured with a) a program which you take a picture of the snake and a ruler, together, put it into this program, you set the measurement by placing one dot at beginning of ruler and one dot at end, typing in the length of that say 15cm

then you point dots along the centre of the snakes body in the picture and gives you the length which is quite accurate

She is also just over the length of one side, (as soon her sliding along side) and this measurment is the same as the above

I appreciate peoples advice and comments, and opinions, but I do not appreciate them put across to me in an arrogant and sarcastic manner, regardless of what their personality is!

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

DING DING! Ladies ladies, pack it in or I'll get out the paddling pool and jelly.

Mike has a valid point delivered in typical Mike style, going off the picture he does look a bit small but if you are aware of this and have stuff the spaces with hides and foliage then thats all good and well. I had a hatchie (11 inches) in a 2 foot viv jammed full of foliage and he was fine but that cant be a cut and dry bit of advice, some don't fair well in big spaces.

Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  21:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And shouldnt assume that I was not aware of it either,

Back to the original query

I just bought some leaf vines (fake) and wrapped around the jungle vine, and does look good, bring colour to it as well as hiding any cable hooks youve used for the jungle vine
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  21:35:22  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sparkaly

Right gmac, back on track :-)
I've put the vines in, what do you think ........... anything else you think he needs?

Thanks guys and girls

That looks really good how you have put them in. The only thing i thought of was maybe a fake potted fern or some greeney hooked into the vines in the middle of the viv so snakie has some cover when travelling between cool and warm ends

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

sparkaly
Hatchling

212 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  21:52:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks kdlang...looking at it, it does look abit bear in the middle, I've got some more green leaves and I shall put them in for Charlie :)

Go to Top of Page

sparkaly
Hatchling

212 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:05:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorted, what do you think

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good, that should keep him happy.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:11:27  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You are quick. It takes me ages to get round to putting pics on lol

It looks great

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

sparkaly
Hatchling

212 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully Charlie will like it (and i got lots of spare things ready for when I get another corn Shhhhhhhhhh................... Don't tell the other half.
Thanks again xx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:16:53  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if the vines will support the weight of a big adult corn?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

sparkaly
Hatchling

212 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I weighed Charlie tonight an he is 509g and 4ft 1inch long. The vines seem ok for him hang on a mo and I'll post a piccy :)

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:21:31  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my vine is really rigid and kind of stands up on its own, have it hooked over the hammock so it creates a bit of a branch.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:23:29  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cheers sparkaly ^^ What size ones did you get? Have been thinking about the vines for a while but I just kinda presumed they were for small reps!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

sparkaly
Hatchling

212 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:25:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got 2 of the large and charlie seems to like them

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly