Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 first feed done, when should I feed next?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

esox
Egg

84 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  21:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just fed my corn for the first time tonight after leaving him for the last week to get used to his rub, took two pinkies no probs, even though he didnt really like being handled out of his rub. thought I might have a job getting him to feed but it took all of 2 seconds, he wanted the pinkie as soon as he seen it and the next one too.

the shop I got him from told me he was on two pinkies and said he would move up to fuzzies in a few weeks, just wondering how often I should be feeding him the two pinkies? will once a week be ok? I forgot to ask the shop how often he was fed.

cheers for any advice you can give me.

John

corn, anery, fred

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  21:10:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats and once a week is fine

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  21:56:19  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Like gmac say's once a week is fine. Have you read that they mustn't be handled for 48 hours after feeding to allow the mouse to digest? Glad he ate ok for you.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

testdasi
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  22:04:48  Show Profile  Visit testdasi's Homepage  Send testdasi an AOL message  Click to see testdasi's MSN Messenger address  Send testdasi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by esox

just fed my corn for the first time tonight after leaving him for the last week to get used to his rub, took two pinkies no probs, even though he didnt really like being handled out of his rub. thought I might have a job getting him to feed but it took all of 2 seconds, he wanted the pinkie as soon as he seen it and the next one too.

the shop I got him from told me he was on two pinkies and said he would move up to fuzzies in a few weeks, just wondering how often I should be feeding him the two pinkies? will once a week be ok? I forgot to ask the shop how often he was fed.

cheers for any advice you can give me.

John

Once a week is common feeding schedule. Expect your corn to poop once a week as well.
And you should not handle in the next 48 hours after feeding. And try not to make a big comotion as well. Basically too much stress will cause the snake to regurg.

=========================
0.1.0 Amel (for sale/trade)
1.0.0 Creamsicle
0.0.1 Q-tip Motley (for sale/trade)

Dreaming for: snow/blizzard.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000