random question.....but curiouse haha
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

squiggy88
Snake Mite

40 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  11:07:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok so i noticed in some pics on the net and websites and forums etc ppl letting there snakes out in the garden.......can u really do this ? will they not go missing?

and ppl also letting them roam there house for an hour on the royal python forum? my snakes only come out for like 10-15mins a night unless they have been fed

id like them out more

p.s sorry for being a daft girl and not knowing much :P

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal Python - Kahn
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  11:15:58  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its just like when ya take kids to the park ya keep an eye on them like a hawk so ya know where they are lol

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

squiggy88
Snake Mite

40 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  11:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha i may give this a go in summer haha god knows how it will pan out

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal Python - Kahn
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  11:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it would also depend on the age and the type of snake but it's not something I have ever done.

I would guess an adult royal is not really going to go very far or very fast if you let it have a wander round a room in the house.

I woild never let a hatchling/small snake loose in the house/garden.
Go to Top of Page

squiggy88
Snake Mite

40 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  11:32:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
o god no i wouldnt let me baby corn out haha id never catch the bugger....i have a 4 n a half foot corn is this too small to be letting out plus in the market for a royle but havent found the right one yet so that wud obv be a fair size

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal Python - Kahn
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  11:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol, sorry it is obvious but I only say it as I know it has happened and the person lost their snake!

I really don't know if it would be ok with an adult corn. It's not something I even knew people did tbh. I have seen a few pics of snakes outside on grass but I just thought they were for photo shoots. I'm a bit of a worrier and I would be too scared to do it.....oh and I just thought, I don't have a garden and might get funny looks taking my snakes to the local park hahaha :)
Go to Top of Page

squiggy88
Snake Mite

40 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  11:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha that wud be a sight like hehe...im also a mega worrier id prob pick him up and be like eerrrrrr na i dernt haha thanks for the advice tho

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal Python - Kahn
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  11:41:32  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd only consider it with an adult that you know is a slow mover!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  12:47:13  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd never let a snake free roam, that would be incredibly dumb! Unless it's like a massive snake with like nothing in that room.

I've had my snakes outside and as Lou said, it was for photoshoots because there is no better light than real sun light :p when I did do this, it was adults only, made sure no cats where about and I was always, always near them so that I could easily grab them if the decided to venture NEAR any poo I hadn't seen and bushes. It also stops predators like birds coming down. After I did have them in the garden, my b/f really guilted me and I felt bad afterwards as something bad still could have happen because of he amount of cats here.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  16:52:31  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Letting it roam freely or letting it have a wander about while supervised is 2 totally different things.
Most of mine have had a wander in the garden, but i'm always ready with my hands to grab them before they go somewhere they shouldn't.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  19:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Letting it roam freely or letting it have a wander about while supervised is 2 totally different things.
Most of mine have had a wander in the garden, but i'm always ready with my hands to grab them before they go somewhere they shouldn't.

I agree, once you are hoverring over them you're grand!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000