New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  09:33:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I now have 2 mats, both 12w and 11" x 11", being controlled by my habistat temperature thermostat. The mats are being used inside wooden vivs both vivs are 2ft X 18". I've got the temps in both almost identical just .5 of a degree out using a digital thermometer on both mats. When I do a complete clean out how is this going to effect the temps? Am i going to have to go through the hassle of getting the 2 mats to run identical again? which was not the easiest thing to do!

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  10:21:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Certainly no expert, but i would have thought once you have the thermostat set it would function exactly the same once plugged back in after cleaning.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  10:37:54  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i gave up on trying to run 2 mats of one stat,for instance if one had more subtrate on than the other it would cool down slower so it would have a head start on heating up,never could get them both equal so just bought anouther stat.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000