New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

liesela
Egg

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  15:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just been browsing online sites for pinkys for Mytika and there is a lot of difference in price/size and info on how big for what snakey!
I was wondering as I've seen a lot of newbie posts on here about help with feeding if someone with experience could make a sticky feeding guide which would probably help a lot! Even i'm unsure when to move Mytika on to fuzzies, I'd say she's on med - large pinkys now or 2 small or med ones depending on how hungry she's acting!
Anyone up to the task?

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  17:17:20  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Search for the Munson Feeding Guide. Some people say it is a bit of a speed-diet thing, for if you want to breed and want to get up to breeding weights quickly, but it is good for guidance even if you aren't interested. I tweaked it a bit for my own purposes, as the mice I get from my local pet shop can sometimes vary a lot in size, so I took that into consideration and altered it a little. Just search for it, you'll find it.

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  20:17:07  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if the 'munson plan' has been quoted correctly where ever you read it, it does say at the bottom that it is only a rough guide and common sense should be used :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  20:46:51  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Exactly ^^ According to the Munson, my Ripley, being now 113g, should go up to medium adult mice. He still struggles with small ones, bless him! I'm going to wait till around 130g to assess his capabilities and continue with the small adults until I feel happy that he is ready for such mice!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

liesela
Egg

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  21:45:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure how much Mytika weighs now - scale broke when I weighed the cat! :D (doesn't sound good for the cats weight does it )
So i'm getting a new one next week, But she's on 2 med-large pinkies a week to 10 days. I'm learning to tell when she's hungry by how she's acting! :)

Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  23:33:04  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Generally, the easiest way to tell is the amount of bump that is left in the snake. If the mouse is around 1.5x bigger then the snakes WIDEST girth, then it should be fine. Anything bigger, you may cause a regurge, but anything smaller, and you may find that your snake still acts hungry. You'll start to learn your own snake's capabilities though. My Widget is kind of off my little tweaked plan so that I can get his weight up. He's still toblerone-ish from when I got him, but he went up 3g this month, so I'm hopeful! My oldest, Ripley, went up by 19g since he's been on the small adults!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  19:35:49  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
this website has a feeding guide on there, it has a table of feeding on it for you to follow

http://www.livefoodsdirect.co.uk/frozenfoods.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000