handling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  18:43:14  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi all, does the fact that my snake doesnt move much when im holding him mean that hes relaxed and content to be there or not as im unsure so i thought it best just to ask

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  19:30:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think it may stil be a little unsure, is it fairly new? Spot only stops still to warm up on my wrist or poo on me.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  19:35:45  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hes about 3 weeks by my count (ive owned him for 3 wks i mean lol)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  19:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah probably a bit unsure still but its a good thing as the alternative is the 'bar of soap' snake, impossible to keep hold of, just keep to regular but not too long holding sessions and he'll soon be winding round your fingers disappearing up sleeves and trying to climb up your nostrils in no time.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  21:10:57  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It could also mean that he's been handled a lot by the breeder and is happy to be held! Just be prepared for him to explore and suddenly 'take off' at a moments notice!! Hold him over the bed or a soft landing spot, in case you drop him.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  21:14:25  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sometimes he does try to just take off and i have a certain way of calming him down
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  21:24:58  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

sometimes he does try to just take off and i have a certain way of calming him down

Do tell......what is your certain way of calming him down!

Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  00:24:31  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
when i have hold of him, i always have a shirt on, or any top with a pocket, so when he gets out of control, i usually put him in my pocket, which in turn acts like a hide and calms him down straight away and sometimes he even sticks his head out of the pocket and just rests his head on the opening and stays put, its actually quite cute to see tbh
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  09:29:52  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

when i have hold of him, i always have a shirt on, or any top with a pocket, so when he gets out of control, i usually put him in my pocket, which in turn acts like a hide and calms him down straight away and sometimes he even sticks his head out of the pocket and just rests his head on the opening and stays put, its actually quite cute to see tbh

Aww, bless him. That's so cute!!!

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  23:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We want a pic
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  23:48:14  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
of what, him in my pocket or with his head sticking out
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  09:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The latter
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  14:53:48  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ohok will do when he does it next :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000