New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  15:31:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do all ghost corn have blue/grey eyes? Does the eye colour change as they grow from hatchling? And do anery corns all have brown eyes? Just not sure on Keiths morph. Thought he was an anery but he has changed colour so much over the last 2 sheds I am beginning to wonder. He is coming up for 6 months now but looks totally different.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  15:50:26  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
silly question, but could he be going into shed again by any chance
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  16:13:21  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Anery snake start off as black and white hatchlings, then as they mature they change and go a brownish colour with yellow under the chin and along the side.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  16:37:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No its not because he is in shed. He was black and white but now his black is more of a dark grey but more of a purple tinge to it in the middle of his patches and his white is a pale grey. He has developed a large amount of yellowing down both sides of his body stretching almost half way down the length of him. His underneath is still black and white check. Its just that i saw some pics of an anery about the same age and that one still appears to be black and white.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  17:43:13  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh ok, it was just an idea thas all, im no profeesional, so i was just going by what i do know
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  18:01:28  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well put Red123, maybe my choice of brownish should have been purpleish/greyish/brownish!! He may well look different to another anery of the same age, it could be that he's shed more. Their colours develope more with each shed. Also the colours on the same morph can vary quite a lot. My anery motley stripe looks much different to how she was as a tiny hatchling. Her yellow is increasing with each shed. She's even getting a cute yellow nose!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  18:27:40  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Both my anerys have grey eyes, adult and child.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  19:03:29  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My anery has a very dark greyish-brown colour to his eyes. He's very different to a lot of Anerys I see his age too; his saddles are an almost burgundy colour, with a very purple-ish grey base. He doesn't have much yellow either, down his neck. His belly is white and black cheques. There is some speculation from when he was bought that he may be het Lavender, which may have affected his colours somewhat, but we just aren't sure.

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  19:03:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK thanks, looks like he is an anery then. Can snakes of the same morph have different colour eyes then? Just being curious now.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  19:12:04  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I guess ghosts have the same eye colouring as anerys to be honest, maybe a bit lighter. Never seen a corn with blue eyes though unless in shed. They would I guess have the same kind of colour eyes, not exact. Not too good at explaining stuff *_*

I've never noticed my snakes eyes changed but then again I may not since I see them every day lol

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  19:18:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering because Sid a normal has amber eyes (the iris) but Patricks eyes are grey/blue (the iris) you can just make out Patricks eyes if you look closely at pic in my signature.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.

Edited by - Red123 on 01/02/2011 19:22:22
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  19:50:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The eyes generally don't change much, different morphs have different eye colours, aneries tend to be grey ish, maybe with a tinge of blue, sort of a slate colour.
Morphs of a morph, like ghost or hypos generally will have a lighter version of the single trait.
There is a section in the corn book about eye colour, the Kathy love one, also if you van find a morph guide then it will be in there too.
As for overall colour, type 1 aneries develop a fair amount of yellow on their neck and flanks, type 2, charcoal, tend to develop more purple. On the whole though, aneries tend to stay shades of black and white, not so much brown, brown is a shade of red, and true aneries have no red.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  22:26:22  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
heres my ghosts eye, photo taken when she was a baby:

and a photo of an adult anery that I used to have:

They were fed yesterday, so if I remember i'll get a fresh pic of the ghost in a few days (I will probably need reminding! )

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  07:24:14  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Please do! I've never seen an anery with brown eyes before I don't think, it's a lovely eye though ^^

Might have to snap at my girls eye

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000