New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  15:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I fed Lola her first feed on Thursday. Was concerned yesterday as she had quite a bump still. Today seemed less. But just found this

Not a great pic

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  16:14:57  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Tis not a very clear photo but looks like it could be. It looks too pink and well formed to be anything else. Can you get a clearer photo?
I really hope I'm wrong and it's all camera angles, light etc.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  16:21:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've put it in the bin, was a bit gross.... Couldn't get clear one as it was soo small bout 1/3 size of a pinky. It was pinky white. But had no similarities to a pinky. There is a bit of substrate stuck to it making it look like it has limbs but it didn't!!

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  16:26:31  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lets hope it wasn't a regurge.......

Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  16:27:49  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Deffinitely looks like a regurge.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  16:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bad pics but looks like a regurge. Any thought as to causes?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  16:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looked like a piece of chicken to me. I think it was to be honest. But it was un reconiseable as a pinky. I think there have been a couple of factors which may of caused it. When should I feed again?

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  16:33:44  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Leave him for around 14 days to let the stomach acids build up.

What factors do you think contributed to it?

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  16:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well. Firstly she's been living in a fan inside the viv as lady I got her from said she was gonna escape through gap in the glass of viv... So I've had her at a spot about 24 degrees. But that might not have been ideal for her to digest. Also being in there with water been fairly humid so paper needs regular changing so not a great deal of peace. Also only 1 hide as her fan is kinda small.

She moved into viv today now it's Lola proof!

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  16:59:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a regurge , its a bit more pink than the one I have seen but same shape and bit of skin left on the right of picture. The limbs and head have been digested so you will get a poo out of Lola too. You seem to have a good idea what caused it (temperatures wrong) so just follow the guidelines on this http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792 and get the temperatures up in the hot end and hopefully that will be your only one. Its awful not been able to handle for 2 whole weeks but its worth it to allow them to balance themselves again.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  17:04:39  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

That is a regurge , its a bit more pink than the one I have seen but same shape and bit of skin left on the right of picture. The limbs and head have been digested so you will get a poo out of Lola too. You seem to have a good idea what caused it (temperatures wrong) so just follow the guidelines on this http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792 and get the temperatures up in the hot end and hopefully that will be your only one. Its awful not been able to handle for 2 whole weeks but its worth it to allow them to balance themselves again.

You can still handle during the 2 weeks, just no din dins.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  17:05:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah the temp at hot end is fine 29 but being in a fan didn't want to put her right in hot end incse it was too hot. But maybe that's what she would of wanted. Half the reason why she's now moved into viv.

Hopefully after next feed she can do as she pleases so will keep it down.

So no handling at for the next 16 days?

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  17:23:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

You can still handle during the 2 weeks, just no din dins.

Its actually a better idea to leave them completely alone until after they eat again. Its also the advice given in the regurge stickie so its best to stick to a single line of advice. Do NOTHING means just that.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Edited by - lotabob on 29/01/2011 17:25:26
Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  17:30:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I'm on lola strike comes at good time though I guess as she's now out in the viv. Which she seems to be loving!! Hanging out on her branch... Hard as it's gonna be will do anything to help her out.

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  18:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'll just have to watch her like a TV, all my lounge seats were pointing towards the TV, now half of them are pointing towards the vivarium, I kept hurting my neck peering round at them. I only had the one regurge, found the problem (I put a new hide in which Spot loved but it wasn't hot enough even though he had other hotter options he liked the hide so much), quick change to its placement and 2 weeks as an observer and hasn't happened again. Just don't do what I did, hit ebay hard and bought all sorts of bits and bobs for Spot.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  18:28:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's had a cabinet brought especially so shes now right by the sofa shes favouring the cool end but poking out her head right up by the heat. She looks happy considering she's just lost her dinner.

Trying not to worry too much as I'm sure it happens to most people, and like i said think I know why it happened and what to do to put it right!

Just wondering if I'm not gonna have her out for couple of weeks, if it's worth doing the sock trick? I've only had her a week so had very limited handling

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  18:33:15  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hoped I was wrong when I said it looked like a regurge.
Poor little girl.
Thank goodness she's in better accommodation now, that should help to get better temps in future.
Lets hope it was a one off and she'll be fine once her tummy has recovered.

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  18:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its upto you, the sock trick will do her no harm and if it puts your mind at rest then its worth doing.

I have a stack so my cabinet is just another viv. I'm already planning the next one and bigger ones etc, my room is going to be taken over, yours will as well eventually, they are so addictive, I'd stay well clear of reptile shops while not holding Lola, the temptation will be just too high.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  19:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little tempted By more already but no!! Gotta get the little lady happy first!!

She's definitely better now and I'm confident she will eat better next time. Just seems a long time considering she is only 3-4 months and 11g

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000