New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Covps2blue
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2011 :  23:43:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys I have been buying bags of Aspen from a local reptile store, but am now getting fed up of paying £15 for a 20l bag of aspen. Anyone know where I can get loads for less £££

Thanks

Syd a Carolina

Amber a Hypo Het lavender/Bloodred

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2011 :  23:46:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not for aspen, but aubiose is better than aspen i think, and you an get that for 12 quid or so and lasts months. I have a few snakes and a bag of Aubiose lasts 4 months or so may be longer.

sneaky edit to add the link www.aubiose.co.uk

Edited by - gmac on 15/01/2011 23:48:27
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2011 :  01:09:00  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Auboise is what i'll be looking into after all the Aspen my mum bought has gone, especially now that some of them are, or will soon be going into vivs.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Covps2blue
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2011 :  09:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys will give this stuff I try me thinks.

Syd a Carolina

Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2011 :  09:22:39  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I bought a sack the 2.5 ft tall 1.5ft wide and 1ft deep for 25 quid. It's so compressed that I have barely scratched the surface and I use 4 fauns and 2 3ft vivs that get cleaned every mOnth! I'll try and find out the exact amount and I can always get hold of it for you guys on here.

Sul

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

Covps2blue
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2011 :  10:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yer that would be really great. Do you have a number for the place where you get it from? I will be moving house in a month or two and have about three months of aspen left, after that I will be deffo looking to take up your offer. Thanks

Syd a Carolina

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2011 :  11:05:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

not for aspen, but aubiose is better than aspen i think, and you an get that for 12 quid or so and lasts months. I have a few snakes and a bag of Aubiose lasts 4 months or so may be longer.

sneaky edit to add the link www.aubiose.co.uk

Do you know, is this stuff like Megazorb? I used to use megazorb for my rabbits. http://www.farmway.co.uk/equine-2/tack-room-stable-24/stable-equipment-40/northern-driers-megazorb-animal-1788.htm
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2011 :  12:53:23  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aubiose is good ^^ If not Megazorb is good if your snake isn't a sneezy one. I have one sneezy snake but he's such a burrower, the dust of the Megazorb goes up his nose, the rest of my snakes are fine on it though. I've just used up the last bag of Megazorb, lasted about 8/7 months for 2 baby corns and 2 adults with big vivs and was only £7 for I think it's 17kg. I do prefer Aubiose though as it's not as dusty as Megazorb and you kinda get more for your money, like I think mine was £8.60 for 20kg of it.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2011 :  14:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iv just got shed loads of shredded paper from work. not started using it tho cuz iv still got some aspen left. heard its ok to use tho and mega cost effective!
jono

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
wishlist: abbotts okeetee female, crawl cay boa, emerald tree boa
Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2011 :  19:46:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am interested to know more about this Auboise. I am soon to have 4 x 3' vivs and my aspen at £6 a small bag is going to mount up.

I can't access the link from my phone, how does it compare to aspen? Is it a type of wood shaving?

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2011 :  19:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Aubiose is good ^^ If not Megazorb is good if your snake isn't a sneezy one. I have one sneezy snake but he's such a burrower, the dust of the Megazorb goes up his nose, the rest of my snakes are fine on it though. I've just used up the last bag of Megazorb, lasted about 8/7 months for 2 baby corns and 2 adults with big vivs and was only £7 for I think it's 17kg. I do prefer Aubiose though as it's not as dusty as Megazorb and you kinda get more for your money, like I think mine was £8.60 for 20kg of it.

Ah, thanks for that. I must say the megazorb says low dust but I did find it very dusty.

Nimbus is just on kitchen roll right now as he is still new and I wanted to keep an eye out for nasties so the roll was easier to check. Might look into the Aubiose for later though.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2011 :  21:16:51  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

Ah, thanks for that. I must say the megazorb says low dust but I did find it very dusty.

Nimbus is just on kitchen roll right now as he is still new and I wanted to keep an eye out for nasties so the roll was easier to check. Might look into the Aubiose for later though.

I thought it was too considering it seems to brag it's been dust extracted twice lol. I also got some funny protractors made out of megazorb in my bag and rulers lol.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2011 :  19:26:25  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

I am interested to know more about this Auboise. I am soon to have 4 x 3' vivs and my aspen at £6 a small bag is going to mount up.

I can't access the link from my phone, how does it compare to aspen? Is it a type of wood shaving?

Gaz

i looks and feels pretty much the same, but it is made from hemp

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2011 :  19:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i use megazorb for the rats, mice and snakes, not had any sneezy incidents with either, i dont find it to be that dusty, maybe we get better quality down south????

you can get most bedding stuff from an equestrian store, seeing as its most commonly used as horse bedding.
a bag of megazorb lasts us 2 weeks!!!

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2011 :  12:14:02  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

i use megazorb for the rats, mice and snakes, not had any sneezy incidents with either, i dont find it to be that dusty, maybe we get better quality down south????

you can get most bedding stuff from an equestrian store, seeing as its most commonly used as horse bedding.
a bag of megazorb lasts us 2 weeks!!!

You must do lol. Or I got a bad bag :( it is great for sucking up poops though!

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2011 :  17:06:43  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Auboise is only about £8 a bag from our local Horsey shop.

I think that's a sneezy substrate though. I use it for the corns/kings/hoggy no problem, but my Royal's nostril blocked up on auboise. She must have had an allergic reaction to it because it righted itself when we put her on kitchen roll.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000