New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  21:25:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so the boyfriend and I have been debating on whether Alice is nocturnal. I say yes he is (because that's what I've read) but he says no because "how would he get warm in the night to get warm? Surely they'd use the sun to get warm"
I do see his point so now I'm not as sure as I was before we started the discussion. Can anyone help?
Tash :)

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  21:30:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mainly nocturnal. They heat themselves through their belly mainly off ground that retains the heat of the day, You put your hand on the ground after a full days sun (not so much in winter) and it will be warm. Spot doesn't come out until its dark and his light goes out.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  21:30:23  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I believe they are crespacular (spelling?) meaning they are active during dusk and dawn. They get their warmth from surfaces that have been heated in the sun during the day.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 22/11/2010 21:32:12
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  22:01:21  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I believe they are crespacular (spelling?) meaning they are active during dusk and dawn. They get their warmth from surfaces that have been heated in the sun during the day.

Crepuscular

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  22:05:38  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I thought they were that word too, cause dont they sit on rocks and stuff, because stone retains heat for a long time therefore warming their little tummys. :D
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  22:11:06  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Crepuscular

Nearly there, guarantee i'll still get it wrong.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  22:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh so I was the closest :) haha! In my boyfriends defence Alice is weirdly active during the day and sleeps mostly at night.
Thanks for the info everyone!!

Tash :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000