New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shelby
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2010 :  13:30:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys not been on here for ages since my first couple of posts on jasper and yoshi.... well they are both doing great and growing quick!!! the only thing is that jasper my male seems to hate me lol.... every time i go near him he rears up ready to strike at me and does the whole tail rattling thing... yoshi my female is the complete opposite... all i was wondering was is this normal for young snakes to b like this or is mine just a bully lol i mean i know they r going to b abit nippy but this is just crazy!!!!?
thanks in advance!!!! xx

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2010 :  14:08:45  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
From seeing other threads along a similar line, it does seem to be a perfectly normal response. How long have you had them? I think all you need to do is keep at it, making sure you don't flinch too much if he does get you (its happened to me, being tagged, and it doesn't hurt at all really, its just shocking!) and just keep at it till he realises you just simply aren't going away!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

Shelby
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2010 :  14:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the reply ive had him for about 2 months so not that long.... i will just carry on doing wat im doing n if i get bit then so b it lol!!!! thanks again. xx

Bold: Enclose your text with and .  Example: This is bold text. = This is bold text.
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2010 :  22:41:42  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have posted simular questions in the past! but I personnaly have found let em bite ya and just pick em up approach works best! mine normally settle down quickly! and it dont hurt, just fast which still suprises me! i think some 1 has described it like been scratched with velcro!

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!

Edited by - mikeyd_26 on 19/11/2010 22:42:00
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  00:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you are worryed about being bit the sanke will pick up on it, but good news i lurnt a trick with the think amerzon bower wich wonts to kill any 1 that gose near him, use a very small towle on twezer wiggerling it a way form head so he looks at it, then open other side of the tank and then hold him behind the head
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000