New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  09:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alice Shed last night and my boyfriend got to watch the whole thing!! Alice only went blue on Thursday and he shed on Sunday, all in one piece! No problem! Im very very happy now :)

Next task... Treating him for mites

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  11:11:21  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good news about the shed, bet the boyfriend thought it was awesome to watch! Good luck with the mites!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  11:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!! Just called the shop that i got him from and he seemed very shocked, im going to go there after work as he said he has some spray that he'll give me free of charge which is nice of them!! Gosh this is soo much hastle :(
Go to Top of Page

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  18:27:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard of callingdon mite spray? Thats what the guy in the shop gave me :S
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  19:21:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds OK Just follow the instructions word for word. I would also chuck out any substrate, including any you have knocking about unused (it might have come from there) and super clean any decorations (or replace them), just use kitchen roll and cardboard tubes/boxes until they are gone. A fairy liquid bath should help relieve the poor snake of most of the mites already chowing down on him, and a perfect excuse to watch how a snake swims. Good luck, and keep us posted on how you get on.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  21:21:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I gave him a fairy liquid bath, he wasn't too pleased with that, he kept trying to escape! I then let him crawl around a towel to dry off... Saw about 5-10 mites at this point :S then I threw everything out his cage and cleaned it all, sprayed the stuff and now all he has is some kitchen paper on the floor, his water and some loo roll tubes. He really isn't pleased and I think he's been trying to escape ever since putting him back!! He hasn't stopped moving, do you reckon this is a normal reaction after all that's happened? I feel sorry for the little fella now but I know it's for the best. Will keep you updated. Can't wait until these horrible things have gone so he cam have all his things back. Think I'll order him some new hides and plants tomorrow for when we're back to normal! Really appreciate everyones help and advice :-)
Tash
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000