New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  18:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took Spot out to feed him and he had other ideas, he was scratching his jaw on every and any surface he could so I cancelled dinner, popped him back in his viv and he went straight to his log, scratched his jaw to it, his skin caught and he walked out of the rest. Amazing how they wiggle just the bit that's coming out of the old skin. And I can report it was a perfect shed, both eyecaps, tail end, all in 1 piece, the only hole is the mouth hole so I'm impressed, and so excited that I saw it happen on the first go. He is so beautiful now too, truely amazing.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

chrish
Hatchling

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  18:59:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! You're very lucky to get to see him shed!

0.0.1 Bloodred
0.1.0 Snow
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  18:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After nearly three years iv never seen either of mine shed!! You're lucky:)

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  19:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm very impressed, I knew as soon as I picked him up and he rubbed his face on my hand that he was going to shed right there and then, I put him in his feeding box and he was still just rubbing his jawline on the edges, I didnt even attempt to feed him the mouse and put him back in his viv and within seconds he had caught the skin around his jaw and just started to wiggle out. I couldnt believe how stretchy the skin was as you only see it dried but it stretched right round the vivarium, wrapping round just about every object in there. It was still quite rubbery when I took it out the cage but its dried out now. So it has taken 11 days start to finish, good information and experience for next time.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  23:22:53  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad it all went well. It really is awesome to watch them shed. I've been very lucky to witness it too. Snakes are such special creatures.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000