Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Lets make our own "you might be a herper if"-list!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  21:24:51  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
great and funny thread guys

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  22:45:10  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When people refuse to come in your house because they'll get eaten.

When the postman recoils in fear as you answer the door with a corn round your neck

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  22:53:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by josh9961

When the postman recoils in fear as you answer the door with a corn round your neck

No that was because the snake was all you was wearing. lol.

You know your a herper when you walk in a room smell turd and can identify which snake done it.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  23:08:19  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have a good one as well:

"You might be a herper if Kehhlyr removes your sig because it stretches his screen for 12 miles wide and he absolutely hates being forced to side scroll"

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  23:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know you're a Herper when:
1. The prospect of buying a new Viv is EXTREME EXCITEMENT!
2. You spot one of your snakes exploring their viv and turn into a ninja, slowly and silently creeping up to the viv for a closer look without spooking the snake.
3. You hold dead mice up to your ears and make jokes about earrings, to a disgusted audience.
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  00:34:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your watching Essex jungle and you think every one featured is quite normal.....and can't get through an episode with out saying "ohh isn't that one lovely"

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  00:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluff

Your watching Essex jungle and you think every one featured is quite normal

REALLY?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

jordy845
Hatchling

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  10:38:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
.. when your more concerned about your snake eating than yourself :-D

Jordy :3

0.1.0 Amel Corn - Chihiro R.I.P
1.0.0 Snow Corn - Sachi
0.1.0 Snow Corn - Stella
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  10:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

2. You spot one of your snakes exploring their viv and turn into a ninja, slowly and silently creeping up to the viv for a closer look without spooking the snake.
3. You hold dead mice up to your ears and make jokes about earrings, to a disgusted audience.

Hahahaha

I don't do the earing thing, I make them dance saturday night fever style
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  11:15:14  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when you lie to your friends who invite you out that night for drinks etc, by saying you cant get a sitter at too short notice.... but really you are rubbering them so yuo can sit in and poke holes in a RUB

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

tracym
Egg

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  16:37:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL at Spreebok, I have only had my snake for 3 days and already I am playing 'ninja' crawling along the floor stealthily so as not to scare my snake when its exploring his viv
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  16:43:06  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine is still shy and just hides or just sits half in and half out of a loo roll tube lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  16:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

when you lie to your friends who invite you out that night for drinks etc, by saying you cant get a sitter at too short notice.... but really you are rubbering them so yuo can sit in and poke holes in a RUB

Hahahaha, I love poking holes in RUB's too
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  18:08:11  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

ahahaha you were there the night that happened

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

EmmaJayne
Hatchling

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  20:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

HAHA the ninja one actually made me laugh!

0.0.1 Leopard Gecko - Toby
1.0.0 Crested Gecko - Hector
0.0.1 Banded Cali King - Murray
1.0.0 Pastel Dwarf Boa - Dave
1.0.0 Black Long Haired Cat - Pixie
0.1.0 Grey Tabby Cat - Ariel
2.0.0 Rats - Gizmo and Rocky R.I.P

Soon to come:
1.0.0 Very Cute Puppy - Luka

"Humans are so interesting. In this world of infinate wonders
they have managed to invent boredom" ---- Terry Pratchet
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  20:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad the ninja one tickled a few people :3
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  20:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you kno your a herp keeper when ur other half fones u and asks how the snakes are before asking how you are or....
.... wen u used to smoke in the house occasionally but now dont mind smoking in the rain for the well being of the snakes....
....when u do months of research into the next snake u want before u ask ur other half , but make sure u kno everything and make it convincing .
....when u are crawling on ur hands and knees in the dark across the room at 3am trying to get a glimpse of ur shy royal....
...when u go shopping and dont see the food items anymore , u see potential hides and water bowls
....we u take ur sister to look at hamsters and shes saying how cute there are, but all ur thinking is hmmm in a few months my snake cud eat that....

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  16:12:04  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sika

When your nightmares concern your snakes getting injured, sick, dead etc.. and as soon as you wake, drenched in sweat, you rush to the vivs to check everything is all right.

When the worst thing that could be stolen in a burglary is your beloved pets.

When you got escape plans more detailed for your snakes than for yourself.

I had that the other night. My mates were over with their *slightly hellish* kids. I had a dream that they'd opened the viv, and the babies boxes, and I panicked and thought on no they're escaped, but when I looked in there, I realised there were hundreds of babies, which was cool, but some were trying to eat each other, and I was trying to pull them all apart and put them in seperate RUB's, but my mate was being really slow in getting them ready, and there were people in my room just standing there watching and not helping, and I got really angry....

Yeah...I know, I've been told I have odd dreams...

I have plans including Fire/Burglary/Flood etc!

um, you know you're a herp fanatic when you'd rather have a snake than a partner :)

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  19:21:57  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
........someone opens the freezer and you have: chicken breast, frozen peas, mice, pizza, rats, cornetto things. All on the same shelf.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  20:29:04  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
when your girlfriend asks what you doing and you say handling my snake and she replies with ohhh....sorry awarkward momment, il leave you alone for a bit.....true story

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000