Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LexxySixx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  21:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone

I got my first corn Milton last saturday on the 2nd of oct, i let him settle in and make himself at home, and i fed him his first pinkie on the 7th of october in which he had no problem taking, but now he has been in his hides since, im getting slightly worried i have checked his temps and everything is fine :( im worried in case poor Milton is ill or am i being an over worried pleb, hopefully its the latter lol

thanks

Lexxy xx

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  22:00:24  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't be anything wrong.. Has he pooped yet?
After feeding my snakes stay hidden two to three days, then they poop and are active again :)
And this time they stayed hidden even longer, so I checked and they were both blue in shedding :)

But I think Milton is just digesting and enjoying the heath... see if he doesn't show himself tomorrow after dusk :)

0.1 Corn snake - Motley Sunglow (Aia)
1.0 Hognose - normal (Vitus)
Go to Top of Page

LexxySixx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  22:08:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey sika thanks for the reply

I have spot cleaned his tank, but it have been like a white stuff, my bf told me he popped his head out for a bit when i was at work then went back into his hide and hasnt been seen since, i guess because he is my first snake im alittle worried bout him, he is my baby afterall lol
Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  22:17:04  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah the white stuff is part of the poo ;)
Understand your worries, I'm that way too xD My snakes = my babies <3

He's probably out when your not looking, and most corn snakes are just active during the night.

Does he have some plants, different hides and such in his viv?

0.1 Corn snake - Motley Sunglow (Aia)
1.0 Hognose - normal (Vitus)
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  22:53:03  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's perfectly normal for snakes to hide away after being fed to digest their meal.
No you're not a pleb! We all understand how much of a worry it can be having a new snake. We all had those worries with our snakes too! I still get anxious over mine sometimes, and don't care who knows it, I flap about over them like an old mother hen!!
I'm sure Milton will be fine with such a caring owner.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

LexxySixx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  09:06:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:) thank you all for your replies :)

Sika- he has 2 hides in his little tank but no plants as yet at there is no room atm,but his hides are pretty big length wise, it seems he could be a lazy little guy lol x
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  10:17:45  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its normal for them to rest and digest their meal, he might appreciate smaller hides too to make him feel more secure

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  23:23:38  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hatchies spend most of their time hidden away, its nothing to worry about :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

LexxySixx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  10:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well he hasnt appeared yet lol, Eeji..he was very active at first now he is just hiding away :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000