Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 does your snake have a favourite hide????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

princessbroxy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  16:03:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the topic says and if so what end do you put it in or would it be best to put it in the middle of the viv??

0.0.2 Aneries: Dorito + Sparkles
1.1.0 Hypo Het Lavender Bloodreds: Chilli + Pepper
1.0.0 Motley Butter: Dave
0.1.0 Ghost stripe : Sssam
0.1.0 Lavender: Princesss Annie
0.1.0 Normal: Medusa (baby sitting for 3 years)
2.2.0 Royal Python: Rafiki , Zazu , Pumba + Timone
1.0.0 orange ghost Python:Buster
1.0.0 Pastel python: enygma
0.1.0 spider python:
Kendra
0.1.0 66% het pied: sally
1.0.0 red tail cat fish (Morph)R.I.P
7.2.0 cats (M.I.B.,Picasso,Dealy,Storm,Gokoo,Merc,Chaos,Stitch,Peanuts)
Welcome to my petting zoo lol

Have you ever noticed when you run into a spiders web you all of a sudden turn into a ninja

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  16:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have hides in the hot end, middle and cool end of all of mine; that way the snakies can decide where they want to be

Goonie has decided to ignore her hides and sleep underneath a flat piece of bark instead (which is in the hot end)
Felix also ignores her hides and sleeps underneath a big massive raised log
Salem loves toilet roll tubes and will hide in one wherever it is
Mew loves her hamster tube (i ran out of good hides so i made a tube the length of her house)
and Dinger spends most nights hiding out under his water bowl
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  16:34:15  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Casper loves his tube, but all the others don't seem to care which hide they use.

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  17:00:52  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When he was small Sidney loved to hide under his log and it ran the whole length of his faun. Now he prefers his flowerpot which is in the cooler side. If he wants to warm up he goes in the warm end hide but as soon as possible he goes back to his flowerpot! I know just where to find him!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  17:03:48  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes, kind of.

My babies love their coconut hides on the warm side, Char likes her snake cave on the cool side and I rarely ever see Venom sleep and when he is, he rarely ever uses his hides and if he does, half of him is sticking out of it anyway. The only ever time he will use a hide properly is his warm one or a day while he is digesting, that's it.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  17:54:45  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When Aia was "littler" her favorite spot was on the top of her plastic plant and when handling her she loved the pockets on my dress.
These days she favors digging down and lying under the substrate.

Too bad that the picture got a little blurred....

0.1 Corn snake - Motley Sunglow (Aia)
1.0 Hognose - normal (Vitus)
Go to Top of Page

NikkiLian
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  18:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Loki either hides on the top of his plant in his cool end or in his plant pot in the warm end.

Isis spends most of her time under the plants in the middle of her viv, although she will spend a day in her warm hide after her dinner. She has a cave in the cool end but she doesn't seem to like it much, the only time she goes near it is to poo all over the top of it! At least it makes spot cleaning easier coz i always know where to look!

0.0.1 Carolina corn~Loki
0.1.0 Snow Corn~Isis
0.0.1 Anery Corn~Midnight
0.0.1 Amel~Medusa
0.0.1 MBK~ Chaos
0.0.1 Royal ~ Sobek
1.2.0 cats~Frosty,Pickle, Ziggy
2.1.0 little monsters ~ Taylor, Kaiden, Leah
1.0.0 understanding husband ~ Craig
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  19:00:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My snakes favourite hide is a coconut, it's far too small for her but I haven't the heart to take it out! It's in the warm end of her enclosure and when she'd in it, you would be able to lift it up without her coming out! (it's really that tight!) she has a bigger one right beside her coconut but she has no interest in it, the weirdo!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  20:35:01  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
TaLula just chills in her vine for days in the top corner of the viv! never seen her in the cool end hide and only uses the warm hide after food!

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  22:33:42  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my pair of glades are always predictable - one in his cereal box and she's always under her water bowl :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  23:17:57  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tango is very rarely in his cool hide, he prefers to lie in or dangle from his bonsai tree, he does use his warm hide but once he's warm he goes back up the tree.

With Phoenix still being in a hatchling box I don't think she has a fave hide as there is only room for two little ones in there.

Btw PrincessBroxy did you get my reply to your email? I've not heard anything from you so I wasn't sure whether you got my email reply.

I'd mentioned about Bloodred hatchlings for sale in your post on here about whether your Hypo was a Bloodred?

Best wishes

Catherine xx

0.1 Bloodred Cornsnake - Phoenix
1.0 Amel Cornsnake - Tango
Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  02:22:21  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a water bowl designed for cats really, it has i tinny little arch to make it easier to pick up. Thats where Cherry hides.

I've tried moving it around the tank, and putting in new, larger hides (she's getting a little big now). But whatever i do she still squeezes herself under the water bowl, even just after eating, she loves it!

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
1.0.0 Tequila - 09 Caramel Motley
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  01:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my corn loves his snake cave he also has a pebble hide and he has to squeeze in it but he still gets in every now and then i move his hides cause he has a big viv but he always favors the snake cave where ever it is !

corneilious

1 male caramel corn snake
1 female carolina corn snake
1 female amel corn snake
1 male 1 female chinese praying mantis
1 male 1 female giant african millipedes
2 male 1 female madagascan hissing ****roaches
1 male cat
lots of mantis babys ! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic