Oh My God
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  13:13:16  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was lay asleep on my bed when all of a sudden there was a massive really loud bang which woke me up, then loads of house and car alarms went off.

My husband went running outside expecting to see a crashed lorry or worse, but then there was a flash and another mega loud bang and he realised it was a storm and the bangs had been thunder.

Neither of us had heard thunder that loud before so it must have been directly overhead. I tell you what it was really quite frightening, especially for me who had been woken up by it from a deep sleep. I'm glad I'd not been out in it.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

0.1 Bloodred Cornsnake - Phoenix
1.0 Amel Cornsnake - Tango

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  14:52:44  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thunder always seems to be miles away for me! Some lightening scared the hell out of me a couple of years ago though... was walking down the road with a couple of mates and the sky in front flashed completely white out of nowhere. It wasn't raining when it happened although soon started after the flash. I though I was getting abducted by a UFO at first! Had to doublecheck my watch after to make sure that we hadn't lost any time and had our memories wiped of it.

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

princessbroxy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  16:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pmsl

0.0.2 Aneries: Dorito + Sparkles
1.1.0 Hypo Het Lavender Bloodreds: Chilli + Pepper
1.0.0 Motley Butter: Dave
0.1.0 Ghost stripe : Sssam
0.1.0 Lavender: Princesss Annie
0.1.0 Normal: Medusa (baby sitting for 3 years)
2.2.0 Royal Python: Rafiki , Zazu , Pumba + Timone
1.0.0 orange ghost Python:Buster
1.0.0 Pastel python: enygma
0.1.0 spider python:
Kendra
0.1.0 66% het pied: sally
1.0.0 red tail cat fish (Morph)R.I.P
7.2.0 cats (M.I.B.,Picasso,Dealy,Storm,Gokoo,Merc,Chaos,Stitch,Peanuts)
Welcome to my petting zoo lol

Have you ever noticed when you run into a spiders web you all of a sudden turn into a ninja
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  17:59:53  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh dear! I hate thunderstorms so much! They literally scare the life out of me! Its bad in America, I remember being on holiday and lightening was hitting the ground. So scary! I have a bit of a problem with loud noises. Lol.
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  19:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol,that happened to me a few years back. My kids were in bed and my mate had come round. We were watching a film when *BANG* and everything went off. I jumped off the settee,nearly had a heart attck!! My ****atiel was flapping everywhere and my kids came running down the stairs crying. Never heard owt like it but it was only the one bang thank God.
Wouldn't have liked to have been woken like that....how frightening!!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  19:25:10  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
know the feeling happened here in walden twice! one morning i was have a little snooze then BAM! the house shook and i was woken ¬_¬ second time it was during the holidays and it hit a church bell and you could hear it ring out from the centre of town (which is about half a mile away)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  14:59:44  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drchino

Thunder always seems to be miles away for me! Some lightening scared the hell out of me a couple of years ago though... was walking down the road with a couple of mates and the sky in front flashed completely white out of nowhere. It wasn't raining when it happened although soon started after the flash. I though I was getting abducted by a UFO at first! Had to doublecheck my watch after to make sure that we hadn't lost any time and had our memories wiped of it.

Sorry but ROFL.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  15:02:37  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't mind storms if I'm in the house but I'm petrified if I'm out in one. I'm so glad I wasn't out when that one started yesterday.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  17:02:50  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryanred5
Sorry but ROFL.

No problem! We had a good laugh about it....after we changed our underwear!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  22:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think thunder and lightning is amazing! -from inside where its dry! I love turning off all the lights in the house and looking out at it :)

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  16:41:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone else here get woken up by the earthquake they had near Birmingham a while back? Now that was weird - I woke up just before it and thought I was dreaming when the mirrored wardrobe doors started rattling.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000